Bryan Cave Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.2

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bryan Cave (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Original interview was great! No stupid "hypothetical" questions, etc.; to the point, and they didn't spend the entire time discussing their greatness. Second interview was pretty intense and intimidating considering it was myself against 2 partners, 1 associate, 1 of counsel, a paralegal supervisor, and another paralegal. 3 were in-person, 1 video conference, 2 over the phone. Then came the waiting game. It was an unnecessarily long, anxious, longer than a week before I received the offer. In all, the entire process took more than a month, and after receiving all the necessary clearances, sharing in major excitement, making childcare arrangements, buying an entire new wardrobe, celebrating a new career move, they waited until 5:00 pm on a Friday to inform me that they have rescinded my offer (without any explanation). My kids are devastated and confused. I, myself, will go on to do better things, and would rather not work for such an indecisive, inconsiderate firm anyway.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not a negotiation phase. We went through a recruiter and she had repeatedly confirmed my salary requirements, relaying that should they make an offer they wanted to ensure that I promptly accepted.

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bryan Cave (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was ridiculous. It was like being vetted for a partner position. Over 10 interviews just for a staff position. Phone interview followed by video conference interview followed by in person with paralegal manager then another one with her then another with some attorneys then with manager again. It was just insane.

Interview Questions

• You have to take a written test. That is very insulting.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bryan Cave (New York, NY).

Interview

20 minute screening interview with a woman who had zero interest in being there. Was extremely rude and condescending, which completely turned me off to the firm for a call back interview.

First Year Associate Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Interview

The interview process is like any other for law students, however, they take you to happy hour afterward, and you, inevitably, let your guard down. The younger associates act like they're your friends, so you feel comfortable enough to ask certain questions or express concerns you might not have expressed with the hiring partner, which then gets you into trouble - for example, you may end up betraying that you don't really want to work at a firm long term, and end up ruining your chances of getting an offer. Don't forget - the happy hour is still part of the interview!

Associate Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Bryan Cave.

Interview

On-campus recruiting; summer associate

Summer Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bryan Cave (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

Once I was selected for an interview I met with the director of Administration and the HR manager. The interview was very nice. Both the staff members seemed to love the company and were interested in knowing about my professional life as well as my future interest. I was very pleased that their was no intimidation.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bryan Cave (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

I spoke with two partners at once, the office manager, and the firm-wide legal clerk supervisor via tele-conference. The partners asked about previous experiences and what I could bring to the job. The office manager just had a conversation with me, and the legal clerk supervisor asked the most difficult questions in regards to job performance.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle multiple assignments at one time from various partners and associates?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bryan Cave (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

On campus interview, followed by in office callback with 4 different associates, and dinner and drinks with two associates after the various callback interviews. Great experience, all positive, good vibes, but no explanation for the lack of an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. The firm's work is focused on mortgage foreclosures, so you should try to come up with a creative reason for why you would want to do that kind of work.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bryan Cave (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

good, interviewer was pleasant, knowledgeable and professional. Very kind and enthusiastic about firm. Described benefits thoroughly and job duties well-no surprises. Wanted lots of info re prior experience

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bryan Cave (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

INterviewed with a dozen lawyers from different practice areas. Everyone was nice. No drones, no jerks. One guy was a little glassy eyed, but in a securities lawyer sort of way. Had a nice lunch with some smart people. All in all, a great interview experience.