Bubba Gump Shrimp Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bubba Gump Shrimp Server Interview Questions

Interviews at Bubba Gump Shrimp

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Baltimore, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

They schedule you an interview then make you sit and wait in the "lobby" for almost two hours to see "if you really want it" like you don't have responsibilities to take care of the rest of the day or anything.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bubba Gump Shrimp

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (New York, NY).

Interview

If you walk in at the right time, they may ask you to fill out an application and stay for an interview if you have time. Very simple. Basically just show them you can have a normal conversation like a real human being.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

I inquired about the job opening over the phone and was directed to an online application, which I completed and submitted. During the same phone call, I was given an appointment to come to the restaurant and interview in person. I spoke to three separate managers during my interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Do you have open availability?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I took an application and filled it out the week before. I came in between the hours of 2-4pm to have an on the spot interview with the assistant GM as well as the GM.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to work for Bubba Gump.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Miami, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Common questions.. Big on team work and company guidelines. Explained Gump core values , and top 10. Very serious must learn it word for word once hired. Met with 2 managers, Server manager then GM

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

You go through 3 interviews, they are pretty simple and almost hire anybody. It usually helps to have some serving experience. Even if you have only worked as a cashier, you can exaggerate that experience. I think they like people who are fresh so they can teach you their way, because it is a very unique place to work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

i went to the open interviews and they looked at my application and i had a meeting with the hiring manager then the host manager then the general manager once i spoke to the general manger i was told my orientation date

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (Destin, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Basically you had to explain past experiences on how you managed certain situations or would manage them now. You also have to explain moments where you exceeded expectations and did above and beyond the call of duty.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult questions are making up on the spot how you would handle situations. Just practice basic interview questions and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Servers always get paid 4.65

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (San Francisco, CA) in August 2008.

Interview

Walked in, filled out application, received 3 interviews.
    The training is grueling, know your menu items!

Interview Questions

• Batman or superman, who would you want to be?   2 Answers
    • Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a guest.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bubba Gump Shrimp (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewing was long. You sit around waiting for 30 min to talk to a manager. If they like you, you wait for another manager. If they like you, you wait for ANOTHER manager. Finally they call your previous employer and have you come back for training, training is very tedious and detailed. You literally need to know everything on the menu and pass 4 stages of serving before you go on the floor on your own.