Buck Consultants Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Buck Consultants Interview Questions

2.6

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Buck Consultants (New York, NY).

Interview

Contact John O'Brien in HR to get more information. The only tip I could give is that we love balanced candidates, who can confidently answer technical questions while not losing a relaxed yet professional attitude.

Negotiation

Didn't have to negotiate, since the offer was pretty reasonable and beat other offers in terms of $ and location.

Client Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Buck Consultants (Secaucus, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Entire process took about 3 months.. Applied early May, Phone interview after Memorial day, F2F interview in June, Offer the following week. Start date in Aug. I had applied for more than one position, and leadership from each dept was present at the F2F interview. Felt like I was on Shark Tank

Interview Questions

• Telll me about yourself? Why are you looking to leave employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None needed

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Buck Consultants (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of four separate interviews, all over the course of one day. Some were one on one, the others had two interviewers. Overall the interviews were pretty basic and casual. No challenging questions, all mainly were focused on your resume.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle your time when studying for your actuary test?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buck Consultants (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

There were two interviewers. The first one had no idea how the internship program was ran and the last interviewer thought I was interviewing for a full-time position the whole time. I had to clarify at the end of the interview what position I was interviewing for since I noticed some of the questions were odd. This was a very awkward and dissapointing experience. Poorly managed company. A huge waste of time.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Phone interview first...wanted to see if you knew about Buck. Asked a couple insurance questions (what is a defined contributions plan). In-person interview was 3 rounds with 2 interviewers each. Want to know about your resume (in detail), how you work on a team, and then your personality.

Anonymous Employee in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Buck Consultants (Secaucus, NJ) in November 2012.

Interview

University career fair, then phone interview, then onsite. I interviewed with nine people. I was asked questions about my resume, exam study habits, past projects. I then had the opportunity to ask two of the students in the program about their experience at Buck. We discussed exam progress, career progress, software, daily tasks, etc.

Interview Questions

• What would you do on a team if someone wasn't carrying their weight?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Actuarial Interview

Interview

Buck was very straightforward and quick about their interview process. It started with a phone interview with a recruiter. A couple of days later, I received notice that they wanted to see me in the office for in-person interviews. As a prospective intern, I was brought in with about 10 other candidates and had a sit down lunch with current employees and then four back-to-back interviews. The task seemed daunting at first but the company was so welcoming and efficient that the process moved very well. About two weeks later, I got a call saying I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Having strong Excel skills and knowledge of the company really helps with the phone interview. The in person interviews involved "typical" difficult questions regarding your character, work ethic, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Buck Consultants (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online in November and received an email to set up a phone interview in January. Phone interview had general questions like "tell me about yourself" and "what do you know about our company" with a few questions about actuarial terms at the end. Two weeks later, had the in-person interview with two directors that were very casual and conversation based. I was able to guide the conversation and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between a defined contribution plan and a defined benefit plan.   Answer Question
    • define the term "valuation"   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

three phone interviews, followed by an on-site interview.

Actuarial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buck Consultants (Kirksville, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

It was an intense procedure for me. The interviewer kept asking questions to test my understanding of actuarial terms. I honestly was not really ready for the that. The interviewer seems like little bit bored at me. They asked me whether I need a visa sponsorship or not. Since I am an international student, I said yes. I did not get the internship offer but it was worth to try.