Buckman Laboratories Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

3.2

District Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process took a very long time to complete. I first met with the District Manager who did an informal interview at my local Panera Bread Company. Next I met with the regional manager and another sales rep for dinner at a local steak house. My final interview was with 3 vice presidents at the Buckman offices in Memphis, TN. This process in all took almost 6 months to complete.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any car you in the world what would you pick, what color and why?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories (Atlanta, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

Received the recruiting info from campus career website, then had a on campus interview. 1 week later, I received an email to enter the second round call interview. It took 20 mins for the second round interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation you have a conflict with your group member.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories (Memphis, TN).

Interview

They required a minimum of 20 references and also used some rather archaic skills and type testing to profile you. The overall interview process took much too long - over 2 months.

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories in June 2016.

Interview

i was contacted by a company recruiter through linkedin. he was very transparent about the salary range and expectations for the role. we did play a weeks worth of "phone tag" arranging a preliminary phone screen. once that occurred he passed me on with flying colors to the hiring manager.
    and here's where the party ended (so to speak).
     by all appearances the interview went well. we seemed to connect on all fronts, especially company culture. everything seemed in alignment with expectations on both sides. he really didnt focus too much on the responsibilities of the job. the only disturbing comment i will say is, he made comments about "good southern bar-b-q" (im a person of color) and if i enjoyed it etc etc. to this day i dont know if that was an underhanded insult or what. i base this on his statement that buckman was very selective in its hiring practices, etc etc. and when he brought up a "...through background check with 2o references..." i thought he has got to be kidding! NO ONE does 20 references and he stated that "...yes, we do check all 20..." i dont know if my reaction to that asinine statement or the fact i didnt like bar-b-q caused my candidacy to be discontinued but i have not heard from them since. also, they seemed real concerned about me being a plant manager currently. in any case, overall i will say the interview was negative on my end for the reasons explained above.

Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories (Memphis, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and I received an email request for a phone interview the next day. I assumed I obviously had qualifications they wanted, given that the job description was very vague and short.

I spoke with the manager and director on a conference call. The manager barely spoke except to introduce herself and say time was up. The director did all the talking and was personable. They first asked me to go over some of the information on my resume, rather than ask me questions about the positions or to elaborate. They then asked if the school in which I earned my master's degree was "one of those online schools," since they had not heard of it. The school was founded in 1864!

After that incident, they asked if I had any questions for them. This was only five minutes into the interview. I had to ask them to elaborate on the what the job entailed. The manager still didn't say anything, even though I would have be reporting directly to her. They gave me more vague answers, and I even heard a loud, frustrated sigh coming from the manager. She had barely heard anything from me, and already made her snap decision within the first 10 minutes of the interview. I didn't let it deter me since it seemed the director and I were having a good conversation to lead to an in-person interview.

I had all the qualifications they were asking for in an applicant; however, they must have been looking for something specific that wasn't written down or said. The manager cut the interview off at 30 minutes because she was audibly frustrated, but the director was not frustrated. He acquiesced, and that was the end of the interview.

I sent thank you emails the next day. I didn't hear anything back until I received a canned email three days later, informing me I was not selected to move on.

Area Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories (Memphis, TN) in November 2015.

Interview

Simple application to fill out, wanted 20 references but they advised that they did not need all 20 to respond in order to continue with an offer. The interview process lasted six hours and you will meet with 4-6 people separately but it is not stressful.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories.

Interview

It was over the phone with someone I knew within the company. They just gave me a call and made sure that I was going to put the effort in to working during the internship. I was and still am grateful for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• He called to tell me the ins and outs of the internship. There weren't any qualifying questions since he already knew me.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories (Memphis, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fair and thorough. They asked for 20 references. Seems that they typically work through a 3rd party recruiter. Combination of technical and fit type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Tell me about 3 things you need to work on.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

They take out my resume and ask me questions about it. The process takes 30 minutes and we all talked about are my experiences on my resume. We went from my education first and then my experiences in the industry, and finally end with my leadership skills.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buckman Laboratories (Memphis, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview started at noon and lasted until 6 pm. I was interviewed by 5 different people within different areas within the company. Each of the 5 interviews lasted about an hour and everyone had a different approach to the interview, a unique technique of interviewing, and their own questions.

Interview Questions

• If you could get any car, what car would it be and why?   Answer Question
    • What if I told you and the first year you worked you would be on salary, the second year you would get half of your salary and the rest would be commission, and the third year you would only be making commission... what would you say?   Answer Question