Buena Vista University Interview Questions in Storm Lake, IA | Glassdoor

Buena Vista University Interview Questions in Storm Lake, IA

Interviews for Top Jobs at Buena Vista University

Spanish Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storm Lake, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Buena Vista University (Storm Lake, IA) in November 2014.

Interview

Everyone on the committee was very friendly and accommodating. I flew into Omaha and rented a car to drive to Storm Lake. That evening I had a very informal dinner with the committee at a local restaurant. The following day I had a series of interviews with various deans, the department chair, HR, the committee, and any other faculty that wanted to meet me and get to know me. I also taught a lower-level Spanish course. The university covered all of the costs of my visit including the rental car, food, airfare, hotel, etc. I was also given a tour of the campus with a student and had lunch with a few of the Spanish majors. The university also provided me with a tour with a real estate agent so I would have an idea as to the cost of living and the layout of the entire town outside of the university. All-in-all, the visit was very busy and went super quickly but the interviewers were very friendly, which helped alleviate some of the stress.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with having heritage speakers in a class with varying levels of Spanish?   Answer Question

Vice President for Student Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Storm Lake, IA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Buena Vista University (Storm Lake, IA) in November 2011.

Interview

Utilized AGB Search Consultants to recruit, screen, and assist with hiring this position. Excellent communication and feedback from the consultants. Used Skype interview for 6 finalists with search committee before deciding on candidates for campus interview. Excellent institution with straightforward communication about search progress.

Interview Questions