Buffer Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 20 of over 20 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Buffer

Buffer

Application

I interviewed at Buffer

Interview

Integrity is far from their interview process. From not meeting with deadlines and continual promises to get back but never did. I applied for the position in Dec 2020, deadline to get back was late Jan 2021. From constant "I promise to get back by the end of the week" to never getting back until April with a rejection mail.

Interview Questions
  • How do you stay organized & manage your time? *
    Answer Question

Buffer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffer in May 2021

Interview

1st Stage - Interview with the recruiter 2nd Stage - Interview with senior designers 3rd Stage - Take-home assessment 4th Stage - Interview with VP of design, senior marketing designer, and senior product manager 5th Stage - Interview with CPO Unfortunately, I got a rejection mail after the 4th stage. I know about the 5th stage because I asked about the next steps in the 4th stage. Rejection mails are hard to swallow especially when one has spent a lot of time and effort in the interview process. At this stage of the interview, I wasn't expecting to receive a generic rejection mail. This was the same mail that was sent to my friends that dropped off at the 1st and 2nd stage. One of the company's vale is constructive criticism so I was expecting to get constructive feedback and not a generic rejection mail.

Interview Questions
  • A lot of behavioral questions especially at the 2nd and 4th stage, cultural fit questions at the 1st stage

Buffer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Buffer

Interview

The interview process is fully transparent which is great since you know what to expect upfront. I received an invitation to the "Values Interview" which took place the following week - the kinds of questions you are asked are fairly open-ended and pretty straightforward. They indicated they would review their notes and reply within a few days. A week and a half later there was no response and I then noticed that the job listing had already been taken down. The same day I received a generic rejection email, which I believe is well intended, however, perhaps due to cultural differences, it came across as patronizing and insincere and offered no explanation for the late response and no personalized feedback - a shame for a company that takes pride in transparency. Overall, I left the process feeling that I never had a fair chance to demonstrate my abilities and I don't believe a 30-minute chat is enough time to demonstrate alignment with their company values. Having spent 2 days working on an application, it was frustrating to see the job listing taken down before receiving a rejection response and a bit of a faux pas on their part.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Buffer, when did you first hear about us?

Buffer

Application

I interviewed at Buffer

Interview

I got told I was moving onto the next portion of the interview and then never heard back. The recruiter ghosted me even after I followed up 2 times. Unprofessional.

5 people found this interview helpful

Buffer

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Buffer

Interview

Very negative, disappointing experience. The process started slow but they were communicative, responsive and considerate, but as every step got delayed worse and worse they became less responsive and began missing their stated timelines without any communication. Expect long silences and delays without updates and lots of work with unclear directions/expectations, including additional work that they weren’t up front about. Since the whole process had taken months at this point in addition to their multiple exercises and questions and additional surprise exercises and questions, when they should have been more responsive, communicative and accommodating, they actually became worse than before. Very inconsiderate of candidates’ time and effort.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Buffer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Buffer

Interview

Slow, but respectful. The deadlines on website keep moving, and they barely adhere to it. The interview questions are primed for people to BS rather than explain value. A simple CV upload would help but Buffer focuses more on hiring stunts for PR. Only apply if your essay writing skills exceed your job skills.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Buffer

Application

I interviewed at Buffer

Interview

Formal Question Section; Task. The feedback I received indicating why I did not receive an interview was strange, as it effectively suggested the only correct way to answer one of the questions within the task was to pay for the product. Another piece of feedback for a separate question didn't really make sense. It was impossible to get in touch with them to clarify said ambiguously worded questioning.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Buffer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffer in Jan 2021

Interview

The listing very clearly stated the application deadline of Jan 11 and the dates of every step of the process. Their first follow-up was over a week late and asked to answer questions that were already included in the application. A week latee, they thanked me for answering the questions (I didn't) and said the next steps will be communicated by the end of the next week. At the end of the next week they sent another email saying they'll reach out with next steps, which were supposed to be in this email, by the end of the next week. For reference, the timeline they originally gave said that final interviews would be happening during that week amd they hadn't even completed the first step that leads to an invitation to interview. Fast forward 9 more days (35 days after the application deadline) and yet another email with yet another delay is sent saying that this time they'll reach out with next steps by the end of the week. Assuming they'll actually reach out by the end of this week, which seems very unlikely, the INVITATION to have the first stage interview will happen about 2 weeks after the start date they provided at the time of the application. This is not the firsr time that Buffer has wasted my time but it will absolutely be the last. I took an offer from a different, larger company with more applicants and only a year of remote operations who had a longer timeline for their entire application which I applied to AFTER I applied to Buffer. I'll be starting before Buffer even sends out invitations to schedule interviews.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Buffer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffer in Dec 2020

Interview

I didn't even make it past the original questionnaire, but I was so impressed with the thoughtful email the HR person wrote back to me, explaining why I wasn't a good fit. It was a prompt, thoughtful response, and I was very impressed by Buffer by the way they treated potential applicants.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Buffer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffer

Interview

There was an application, test, and 4 video interviews done on Zoom with various members of the team. A lot of the conversations were about their values, which is very important for them as a company.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it or what you learned from it.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 20 Interviews