Buffer Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 34 of over 34 interviews

Other4%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK

Application

I interviewed at Buffer (Nowhere, OK)

Interview

I applied last month after already having applied last year. The job description was pretty much the same and last year I passed all interviews stages, being rejected in the last one. This time I got rejected even before the interview, one month after applying through the website. This makes me thing they don't accept people who applied before and got rejected, which means I'll probably have no chances in this company again.

Interview Questions
  • no questions
    Answer Question

Buffer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffer in May 2022

Interview

I was targetted by email on a list, to which I completed a detailed response and outlined a number of reasons as to why I would be a good fit for the job. I received an anonymous follow up asking me to complete 3 hour assessment in order to continue with the process.

Interview Questions
  • Complete this exercise which will take 3 hours.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

209.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Buffer~941992
Join the conversation on

Buffer

Application

I interviewed at Buffer

Interview

I did only the first values call with HR. I was asked if it was ok if they recorded the interview and said ok, mainly because I was surprised and didn't think twice. A week later I got a rejection email. I replied to the email asking for feedback and kindly requesting that they delete the video from their archives, due to privacy concerns. I never got a reply. This made a really bad impression on me.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Buffer (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2022

Interview

The interview process was a lot of work, but understandable as they get a ton of applications. I had to create a project and it took a long time to hear back. Overall, it was a good experience and everyone was incredibly kind.

Interview Questions
  • The first interview was about values, then the second was with the Marketing Manager and the third with the CEO.

Buffer

Application

I interviewed at Buffer

Interview

A couple of weeks after I applied I received the following email from the team, "We received a tremendous response to our listing so for this next phase we have a take home exercise for you. " The take home exercise was in depth. We were asked to create a 7 day content calendar for Buffer's Instagram and Twitter accounts. That's 14 pieces of content. From scratch. Just to get an interview. Of course I want to do well, so I spend probably close to 8 hours working on this. About as much time as I would if I was actually the SMM. A couple of weeks later I receive this message, "We've decided to pursue another candidate with stronger experience at this time. " Note the word experience. I'm led to believe that they sent this exercise to the "tremendous" amount of applicants they received, without even looking at resumes or experience levels. If I didn't have the experience they were looking for, why would they ask me to complete the exercise to begin with? What a waste of time, and to not even get on the phone with someone.

Interview Questions
  • Create a content calendar from Monday to Sunday for Buffer's Twitter and Instagram Grid.

Buffer

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Buffer in Oct 2021

Interview

Everyone I spoke with was delightful. I'd work with them in a heartbeat. Some challenges: It took 8 weeks to get through 3 stages of the process. I went quite a while without hearing anything at all, and when I emailed the recruiter to find out what steps remained (twice), I got no reply. That process outline was probably in the job description (and eventually I tracked it down on a Glassdoor interview review!), but by then, I had another offer and the job description was no longer posted. That said, there isn't another company I'd rather work with, simply based on the four people I spoke to at Buffer. Maybe next time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Buffer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Buffer in Sep 2021

Interview

The process went exactly as advertised. 1 take home test and 4 levels of interviews. Everyone was lovely throughout the interview process. I'm not sure exactly what went wrong but I got ghosted after completing the 5th stage. A bit disappointing and strange as one of the company's value is transparency so I don't understand why I can't get an answer (even if it's a no) despite multiple follow ups.

Interview Questions
  • They asked to share a mistake I made and what I learned from it.

Buffer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffer in Sep 2021

Interview

I didn't make it past the first round (i.e. survey) but was beyond impressed with the way HR wrote back with constructive feedback that was helpful, and not hurtful. If they way they treat potential employees is any indication, Buffer would be an AMAZING place to work.

Interview Questions
  • I can't remember, specifically...there were hypothetical situations that you had to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Buffer (Akron, OH)

Interview

Applied and received follow up information immediately via e-mail. Two weeks later I received an email asking to complete an additional exercise with some more customer-centered questions. After that was submitted, a little under a week went by and I received an invitation to a values interview. After that interview was completed, I received a follow up invitation less than 24 hours later for a team interview. Because of summer holidays and schedules, this wasn't scheduled for approximately 2 weeks. The team interview lasted about an hour, pretty typical interview questions and everything was readily accessible online (Buffer is VERY open about their process, and this is absolutely true every step of the way). After this interview, I received feedback within about 2 days (I wasn't invited to move forward, but had I been invited, there would have been 2 additional interviews after the ones I completed).

Interview Questions
  • What value do you most identify with/why? Interview questions were pretty typical.
1 person found this interview helpful

Buffer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Buffer in Jul 2021

Interview

Stage 1: Application. Apply to join the team through the form below. If you don't hear from us for the first week or two after submitting your application, don't be alarmed. :) Step 2: Getting to know your values. You'll speak with a member of our People team so we can learn more about your values and the value you will bring to Buffer. Step 3: Getting to know your role. You'll chat with a member of the team about your background, experience, and achievements. Step 4: writing exercise Step 6: Senior Marketing Leader.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Interviews

Buffer Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Buffer as 40.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.96 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Social Media Manager and Customer Advocate rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for General Role and Senior Product Marketing Manager roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Buffer takes an average of 50 days when considering 27 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Senior Product Marketing Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Customer Advocate roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 58 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Buffer according to 27 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 25.58%