Build-A-Bear Bear Builder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Build-A-Bear Bear Builder Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.3

Bear Builder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear.

Interview

I put in my application on line and got an email back about two weeks later asking to come in for a group interview. At first I was very nervous since I have never done a group interview before and didn't know how many people would be there. I arrived an hour early and meet the employees and had my Bear stuffed then when the interview began there was 3 other girls in the group. We were asked to talk about ourselves. Answer a few questions then collaborate to make a commercial and present it to the manager. After that she spoke with us all individually saying either we will get a call if they wanted us to come back for a second interview or not. When I was pulled aside she told me she wanted to schedule my second interview right away with the store manager. When I returned for interview number two it was Alot different. One on one with the manager answering questions then taking a long personality test online. After that filling out paperwork. She said she would call me to schedule my orientation after speaking with my references. Two days later I got a call for a job offer and to schedule my orientation date.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Build-A-Bear

Bear Builder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear.

Interview

Very easy. Group interview. Basic questions. Asked if you were familiar with the company. As long as you are good with customer service and present yourself well you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal what would you be? Hours and availability. How are you with kids?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

My first interview in 2011 for the bear builder position went well. It is a light-hearted interview. They may ask a lot of questions or just a few. They are trying to get a feel for your personality to see if you are a good fit. I later interviewed for a management position and it was a bit more intense and sales-oriented.

Interview Questions

• I am never prepared for, "What are three of your opportunities?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out paper application in store, got interviewed a few days later and part of the interview is taking an online test that tells the manager if you will be right for the company.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Two interviews. First a group interview, then you're invited back for a one on one with the Assistant or Chief. Then you take a REID test to determine hireability. Once that comes back either positive or negative, they extend an invitation or let you know they're going a different direction. They always let you know one way or another, though.

Interview Questions

• What are you greatest opportunities for growth? What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montebello, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Montebello, CA).

Interview

Interview was about 30 minutes. There were ahoy ten other people there and it was a fun interview. You have to role play and see how you would react with a customer and if you are a child at heart.

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Northridge, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

A fairly easy going group interview with personality questions at first. You move on to 1 on 1 interview after you pass. Questions like, "Why should I hire you" etc. Then you would take a long questionnaire. It was all wonderful and an awesome vibe all around.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Coral Springs, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was about 20 of us and we sat on the floor in the back of the store. There where two managers and they asked us light hearted questions. After the questions they gave us a briefing on the policies and asked if we had any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Disney character?   1 Answer

Bear Builder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear.

Interview

Managers read off of an interview guide. Very basic interview questions while getting to know your personality. Sometimes group interviews are performed. They ask you to sell them a bear. If they think you are a good candidate they will have you take an assesment on the computer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (New York, NY).

Interview

Two rounds:
    1) Group interview, including a role-play scenario in which you make a commercial with the teddy bears
    2) If you pass the first interview, you'll be invited for a second, personal interview

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you were challenged, and how did you overcome it?
      Why Build-a-Bear?