Build-A-Bear Interview Questions in Saint Louis, MO | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

3.1

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Very much a hurry up and wait situation. I applied online, had a phone interview with HR then met with the hiring manager. I was then brought back for an entire day of interviews from 8 to 4 - back to back with a quick break for lunch, and time to fill out online assessments that ask how much meth and/or marijuana I have done on the job or at home or what amount of money I would consider stealing from the company (!!)

Some of my conversations were extremely enjoyable and others - not so much.

I was then told by HR that a decision would be made the next week. Then told it would be in two weeks. Then told it would be another month. Then I never heard from them again. I contacted the hiring manager for feedback and a check in nearly two months after I interviewed ... no response. It just doesn't seem like they have their act together; which is a shame because some of the people I did meet were extremely nice.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I went through a recruiter who connected me with BaB. My first interview with BaB was fairly straight forward, I met with three separate people who asked me various questions. The follow-up was a test you were asked to take for a psychologist to review. Very simple questions.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Very awkward. Arriving promptly on time, I had to wait for the employee that was to interview me to get back from lunch, just to find out that she wasn't going to talk with me and instead I was to do a survey on a computer. Before a single employee, aside from the receptionist, talked with me, a computer survey was asking me how often I've done meth on the job and how often I've stolen from an employer over the last 3 years. Never have I been so offended. I almost left before meeting with the developers, but figured that it wasn't their fault and I wouldn't return such awkward rudeness in like.

Interview Questions

• How often have you done meth on the job in the last 3 years?   Answer Question

Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

8 hours of on-line testing: four off-site, four on-location on the day of interview. Psychological consult with outside agency, one hour phone interview, eight 30 minute interviews in a row (after four hour on-line tes). Staff did not seem prepared for interviews or excited about company. Very rushed process. On-line testing covered skills not needed or low priority for position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think this role is?   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview with HR the very next day. I then was asked to come in for an in person interview about a week later. I met with another HR individual, and two members of the team I'd be potentially working for - a senior rep and the director. I was informed that I would hear something within a week to two weeks time after the interview about setting up a third interview to meet that assess critical thinking and personality evaluation. Haven't heard from them as of yet.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a crisis?
      Tell me about your resume
      What is marketing?
      Do you know who Maxine Clark is?
      How long has Build-A-Bear been around?
      How does your past experience relate to the position that you are applying for?

Public Relations Bear Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Application then phone interview. A week later an interview with head of The Public Relations epartment. Interviewer looked bored and uninterested. Followed up after the interview and never heard anything.

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

I met with the HR contact and with the Hiring Manager. I met with the HR contact and she outlined the interview: test (for roles involving numbers), meet with hiring manager, and then an ethics quiz. The first item of the interview was a timed number pattern IQ test. Then I spoke with the Hiring Manager, the interview had a rather casual format. Then I was taken to take the ethics quiz, which based on the quiz, I think all candidates take the quiz (including store location candidates).

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background, and were very willing to share the context of the open role.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Company wants to see motivational fit using behavioral questions, Meyers-Briggs, and psychological assessments. Nobody gets hired from SM or above who does nail the assessment- internal or external. There are multiple hurdles through the interview process including HR, RM, and COO.

Interview Questions

• How did you impact your prior business?
      How did you lead through difficult change?
      How did you lead your team to outstanding results?
      Answer Question
    • What do you think about working with children and families?
      How have you up sold accessories in the past to build the quality of sale?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They pay pretty low and there is no negotiating. Best to be up front initially with your expectations

Bear Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was answering questions on a computer, then I was interviewed by the Bear Service Representative Manager.
    The interview was an average interview. First they start you off with a computer laptop to take a simple personality test, a skills test, and possibly an IQ test. I do not remember if there was a drug test or not. I was not offered a job on the spot, I did have to wait and they did hire a total of 4 of us.

Bear Builder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Build-A-Bear (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

The Interview was fun!!! Very simple, and easy! This interview didn't take very long, and I was hired on the spot after the interview. It was a great opportunity for someone young and just starting out for after school, who wants to work in a fun environment.

Interview Questions

• How well do you multitask?   1 Answer