BuildASign.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

A one-on-one 1 hour phone interview, going over Javascript, C# and Computer science topics. The second part of the process involved a 3.5 hour group/panel interview, going over more CS topics and C#/SQL code examples.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX).

Interview

The hiring process was in depth. Fair but demanding. There were a lot of problem solving scenarios ranging from marketing strategy, to manufacturing process, to UX / UI and SEM. I felt like each round I got a better and better sense of what the role entailed and how qualified I was for it.

Interview Questions

• What's your strategy for managing and prioritizing a busy schedule?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was asked to come in for a tour of the facility and meet with the management team. After a tour I was asked if I'd like to sit in on a "State of the Company" presentation that happened to be going on the same evening. This was both informative and showed confidence the company has in their business and operations. Then a small group from the management team took me to an off site location for an informal interview that was more of a meet-n-greet and getting to know one another.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you interact with other team members/ employees.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at BuildASign.com in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a 30 minute phone call. They asked technical questions across the full stack and questions about design patterns.

They followed up with an online test. Once you began you had four hours to complete the test which is more than ample. It was fairly simple, but you only get one chance to submit your code against their unit tests.

The in-person interview was scheduled as a four hour long technical grilling with some coding and design exercises. I was apprehensive at first, but the people put me at ease and the time flew by. The process was enjoyable and educational.

SEM Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

BuildASign's interview process is thorough and very informative. It allows both the employer and potential employee to gain a mutual understanding of one another. I found the BuildASign interview process to be structured and seamless, allowing for optimal time in determining whether or not I was a good fit for the available position. Overall, BuildASign made the interview process very efficient and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• BuildASign provided a sample worksheet for use in assessing my skills for the desired position. This worksheet was received 5 days prior to my scheduled interview (ample time for completion).   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted swiftly for interviews, first over the phone, and then in person at their headquarters with the hiring manager. The final round included senior leadership. Communication was very clear, and process went very smoothly. All my questions were carefully considered, and I felt I was given honest answers

Customer Love Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was an absolute pleasure. I met with Jamie Rigsby and Jennifer Colvin, who both play integral parts in the training and cultivation of talent for the CLT team. I enjoyed all of our conversations, and how the whole process felt more like one long fun conversation than an interview. I am so lucky and honored to have this opportunity!

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. They made an offer, and I accepted their offer without objection.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Basic questions to get an understanding of my responsibilities in my current position. No situational questions or hypothetical questions which is much appreciated. The information provided was helpful in determining if I could use my skill set to me an asset to the company. The interview was very direct about the open position. Interviewed with 3 managers that I would be working with on an every day process.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with different sales programs such as Salesforce and CRM?   Answer Question

Customer Love Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was nice, not super stressful like a lot of places. I met one of the HR reps at a hiring event, so I had a mini-interview with her first, which may be different than the normal interview process. After that, they called me in for an in-person interview at the office. Before the interview even began, she allowed me to see the customer service area and even shadow a rep for a 15 minutes. The interview questions weren't anything crazy - pretty standard about yourself and your experience, and conversational, which was really nice, too.

Interview Questions

• They asked right up front if I was okay with the schedule (12-9). Also more questions about why I thought I'd be good at this role, with this company, etc. What motivates me? What do I want to do long-term (or something like that).   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BuildASign.com (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Several days after applying, I received an email to set up a phone interview with the Talent Acquisition Specialist. After the phone interview, I received another email to set up an in-person interview where I met with the HR team. During the in-person interview, I first met with the HR Director then with two team members (HR Generalist, HR Coordinator) and then two other team members (HR Generalist, Talent Acquisition Specialist). Each interview was scheduled for a 30 minute time slot. It was a very comfortable and laid-back experience compared to other interviews I had been on. Everyone was very personable and it was overall pleasant.