Bullhorn Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2016

2.9

Entry Level QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview experience with Bullhorn was extremely easy going and probably one of most relaxing I've ever had. Before the onsite interview they sent me an email detailing exactly what to prepare for. This covered everything from the 15 minute assessment test to general interviewing tips. They even included a list of everyone that I was meeting with, which allowed me to prepare questions beforehand.

The interview itself consisted of questions about my background in QA as well as a few situational questions. Everyone I met with was unbelievably nice, which made the whole process a lot less stressful. Overall I had a great experience and would like to thank the Bullhorn staff for making my interview so pleasant!

Interview Questions

• Questions about testing a simple web page with a database   Answer Question

Mar 7, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for reviewing; we appreciate the feedback, and are happy to have you on board!

Entry Level Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and was immediately invited to take a personality and math test which was strange. When I was back in high school I remember retailers and fast food joints requiring these types of tests so I'm immediately thinking something is up with this company. I guess I passed the assessments because I was contacted for a phone interview. The phone screening was about 15 minutes. HR didn't really have any information about the actual job so he mostly just talked about the company and the culture. I really liked that he was upfront about the absurdly low salary (he told me forties). I'm doing a bit of a career shift so I was willing to accept the low salary since presumably I would be able to learn in this entry-level role.

After this conversation I was passed on to the hiring manager I think (again, HR didn't have a good understanding of the structure of the team so he had no idea if the role would be reporting to this person). This conversation was interesting. It seems like they want candidates for these "entry-level" roles to have a lot more experience than the job ad specifies because he sounded audibly disappointed when I told him about my background (which was also on my resume!). At one point the manager even said he didn't feel a need to discuss the role any further, which I implied to mean that I wouldn't be moving forward. He asked about my experience, things I like and dislike about current/previous jobs, and asked me to rate myself as an employee.

About 5 days after this phone interview I received a rejection email from HR. It amazes me that they're able to attract experienced people for the below market level wages they offer.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

Nov 27, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

You have already heard from Brendan by now, as he reached out to all of our QA and Data candidates again right after your post. (You had originally posted this review as QA, but I see now that you ... More

Software Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about three weeks. I started with timed online logic tasks, which were not too difficult but required quick thinking.

After that, I had a phone screening with a company recruiter, Brendan Orf, who appeared to be very helpful and professional. About a week after that I had a phone interview with QA supervisor, who asked me a couple of technical questions and invited me for a face-to-face interview.

Face-to-face interview consisted of technical interview with QA supervisor and QA team member. Later on, I spoke to three members of a higher management through Skype, who mostly asked specific behavioral questions. The whole interview was very smooth and pleasant, not hard for me at all.

I received an offer in less than a week, which was followed by background check.

This was the sixth company I was interviewed at and a third offer I received during one week. I have to say that Brendan's straightforwardness and honesty throughout the process was a selling point to me. He was not trying to play any games like other companies, especially during the salary negotiation. To be more accurate, there was no negotiation at all, as I was offered the higher range of the amount I was asking for (other companies started with the lowest trying to convince me to accept it and then raise stakes, once I mentioned other offers).

I had a higher offer from a different company which I later declined, as Bullhorn staff members made me feel a part of the family right away.

Highly recommend Brendan Orf as a recruiter!

Interview Questions

• How different is testing of the web application on the mobile phone and desktop PC?   Answer Question

Mar 7, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

The detail you provide in your review is extremely helpful; thank you! I especially appreciate your feedback regarding Brendan, and am so glad that you had a welcoming experience.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone call then an in person interview. The in person interview has two parts. I met with who would be my immediate manager, then I met with the managing director of the whole operations team. There is a diagnostic test.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

Oct 26, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to review, and I'm glad it was a positive experience!

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

The HR staff at Bullhorn is top notch. The interview process was all in all fairly quick, enjoyable, but extensive.

- 30 minute personality and aptitude assessment
     - 15 minute phone screen with someone from HR to discuss qualifications
     - 15 minute phone screen with Sales Operations Manager
     - 3 hour interview on-site with 4 different individuals that began with the 15 minute aptitude test

It was a pleasure working with the HR department as they are extremely courteous and timely in their responses. I must say however, that once I got the initial news that I had been offered the position, the urgency to move the process along was not as quick as it was in the beginning - 3 weeks is timely, but nonetheless, something to consider!

Interview Questions

• What would be the 5 core characteristics of a company that you own?   Answer Question
    • Why Bullhorn?   Answer Question
    • Based on the questions that I've asked, do you think I've missed anything that you would like to share?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Marketing Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Totally unprofessional. After taking an assessment test, a call with the recruiter, a call with the hiring manager, an in-person assessment test, and a few hours spent interviewing on site, I didn't hear anything back for a month afterwards. I still haven't heard anything. The recruiter was bad at returning my emails in a timely manner anyway, but a month with no word after I took time off from my current job to interview? Completely disrespectful of my time.

Not to mention, there were a couple of red flags going into the interview. I would have missed them if I was new to the working word, but the way the interview and application process was handled was a bit unusual. The position I interviewed for was new, but of the three people I interviewed with, all of them had a very different idea of what the role would be used for. That in itself shows they weren't prepared. The hiring manager I interviewed with was great, but one of the other people was so rude and presumptuous. They were 15 minutes late, told me they didn't read my resume, interrupted my answers. kept referring to me as an assistant (it was a PM job, not an entry level assistant role!), and kept asking for my current manager's name so they could call them for a reference, even after I said I was currently employed and would prefer my current manager not be contacted since they didn't know I was job searching. Even though this person wouldn't have been my hiring manager, I found them so off-putting that I knew I wouldn't have wanted to work with them anyway.

Ultimately, the company was interesting when I applied and it was somewhere I thought would be a great fit, but based on my interview experience, the way the recruiter handled (or didn't handle) everything, and the way salary + benefits was glossed over entirely during the recruiting conversations, I don't think it would have been a good fit. They clearly had no idea what they were looking for and not reaching out to me after a month, even if only to tell me I didn't get the role was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What project management tools do you use?
      What is your tech background?
      What do you do in your current role?
      Answer Question

Enterprise Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Same as everyone else. I was contacted by one of their talent acquisitions that said i'd be perfect for the role. Had a phone interview the next day; I completed my two aptitude tests, followed by face to face interview.
    Only difference is I showed up for my interview and was stopped by security because my name "wasn't on the list"
    There was no number to call, no front desk number online either so I was stuck.
    Ended up getting let up by a random Bullhron employee who I had to ask to let me up.
    I got upstairs and they rushed over and apologized as they hadn't "realized their mistake"
    Anyway, I met with three gentlemen for a total of two hours, after it had completed I was told I would be contacted within a couple of days with a decision.

I received no Phone call, no email, no follow-up of any kind.
    And after a few days I figured I'd reach out an there was no response.

Worst experience ever.

Interview Questions

• Technical background
      Alot about what i did in my previous job
      where i saw myself in the future
      Answer Question

Jul 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I'm so sorry about this experience. The Recruiter you were working with is no longer with Bullhorn, and I'm afraid you interviewed during that transition time- accounting for the missteps and lack of ... More

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA).

Interview

I liked the idea of using personality tests to screen candidates. After I took my two tests, I was emailed to have a phone interview the next day. That's where things just became odd. Bullhorn's recruiter was over 15 minutes late, didn't really know too much about the job description, and mainly grilled me about my current salary at my job and my expected salary. I am coming from owning my own start-up and had to explain to her that I didn't have a "salary" as I only raised a Pre-Seed round and didn't have a set salary. Although I have been in the CRM industry for four years, I guess it wasn't a match. If Bullhorn is that focused on past and expected salary, I guess it was for the best we didn't move forward.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

Apr 12, 2016 – VP, Human Resouces and Talent

I am sorry to hear about your interview experience. Your feedback will help make improvements in the interview process. Thank you for taking the time to write to us.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by Bullhorn via LinkedIn for a remote Senior PM position. I had about a 20-25 minute conversation with the HR Recruiter. That weekend I took the personality and aptitude evaluations. Not too many days later a phone interview was setup. A few days after having a good 30 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager I was asked if I wanted to continue the hiring process. After accepting I was asked if I would go to Boston (their HQ) for an on-site interview.

Bullhorn made all the travel arrangements and had me flight out to Boston from LA on Sunday afternoon. They put me up in a nice hotel walking distance from their office, all good there. Monday I was interviewed by three different people 30 minutes or so each. Seemed a bit short considering I came all that way for less than two hours of on-site interviews. All was good and very straightforward, nice people and good conversations. Upon completion I was told I would get feedback by the end of the week. I flew back to LA that afternoon.

Two of the three people interviewing told me to ask further questions if I had any. It was not until Saturday that one of them responded and sort of answered my question. The message concluded with good luck on your career. At that point I had not heard back from the HR Recruiter and figured that told me I was not getting an offer. After reaching out on Monday night I finally got a call back on Wednesday letting me know I was not a good fit.

All in all, a good experience. Not certain I needed to visit/go on site as the interviews could have been done via Skype. Though it was nice to see their offices and meet people face to face. Overall a good experience and it seems like a good company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would deal with a difficult situation/difficult customer   Answer Question

May 6, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

We appreciate the detailed feedback; it's immensely helpful in giving us insight into the pieces of our process we need to tighten up. It sounds like communication is a big one- we will be working on ... More

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was able to get an initial screening test and phone interview shortly after applying, maybe 1-2 days. The phone interview was quick and at the end I was offered a second in person interview along with having to take the screening test again to verify my results. The in person interview had me talk to 4 different people and they all had different positions within Bullhorn. The interview seemed to go well and I left with good vibes. A week later I got an email about having a quick phone call, but when I was contacted it was just to tell me I was not moving on with the hiring process. The call was misleading, but I believe the idea was to be personable instead of sending out a generic email which was nice. Overall the interview process was fun and Bullhorn seems like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get out of working at Bullhorn?   Answer Question