Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Management Trainee (Trading) Interview

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bunge Limited.

Interviewed for an Asia Trading position in the Management Trainee Program. Had 3 rounds and talked with traders and HR. Questions are mostly fit-based and to gauge my passion in trading. Was offered a position on the same day the final interview was concluded, which I accepted. 3 weeks later, when I went to sign the contract, Bunge rescinded on the original offer, took on another candidate for trading and re-offered a back office position. It's a massive show of unprofessionalism by a company that has been lauded as one of the big 4 of agri trading. Needless to say, I turned them down and have now found a better paying front office job with greater prospects. My takeaway from this incident: If Bunge can be unprofessional today, it will get even worse once you join the company. Be thankful that you find out early and don't shortchange yourself by accepting something lesser. There's better opportunities out there.

Interview Questions

• Should physical commodity houses trade using fundamentals or technicals?   1 Answer

Not the position that I desire. Initially planned to approach the MD who hired me to argue my case, but changed my mind when I realised that I cannot work at a company without integrity and a basic respect for employees. Remember to have baselines when choosing your employer.