Bureau Van Dijk Business Development Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bureau Van Dijk (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

First a phone screening with HR in which you discuss your experience, education, and interest in the company. You also learn more about your role and are encouraged to ask questions.

Then was an in-person interview with the VP Americas (Midwest) in which is heavily emphasized on asking your own questions. I met other employees and was encouraged to ask them questions as well.

The next step was in-person interviews with BDMs. I had two BDMs with very different interviewing styles. One was similar to the VP in which you are encouraged to ask questions. The other was much like interviews at other companies in that you share your strengths, weaknesses, what you bring to the table, etc.

The following step was to create a 45 minute presentation containing a SWOT analysis, your explanation of fit, and a 30/60/90 plan for success. It's crucial that you keep in contact with HR, the VP, & BDMs. Ask questions, ask questions, ask questions! Before giving the presentation, make sure you practice! You present this in person to HR, the VP, & BDMs. After the presentation each person will ask you questions and open everything up for discussion. Again, they will encourage that you ask questions! So prepare, prepare, prepare!!

The last step was to do a quick phone interview with the head of Americas. Prepare at least 10 strong questions to ask!

The Interview Process took over 2 months (69 days). But I rate the overall experience as very positive. This is a really great company and part of why they're great I'm sure has to do with how particular they are in who they hire. Everyone I met at this office was genuinely helpful and encouraging. Definitely a learning experience and the most challenging interview process you could imagine. But that's what made it so great. If I could do it all over again I would, and I would definitely spend more time using the resources (the contacts) they give.

Interview Questions