Bureau Veritas North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bureau Veritas North America Interview Questions

2.2

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America.

Interview

There was no interview process. I was brought in as a temporary employee. I was kept on as a temporary employee for almost a year. It was a working interview. Show up and they put you to work. The oil and gas industry is not doing well so they keep you as a temp so they don't have to pay benefits. The management does not have any say in when you get hired. It comes from upper management so they'd better like you or you won't get hired and your time will be for nothing.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Multiple people interviewed me and it was interesting. It was not a very stressful interview either. I felt comfortable speaking to all of those involved. Was an easier interview process. HR was nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• The normal expected interview questions however very honest and open to the questions I asked and I was able to tell if it would be a good fit for both parties.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not difficult

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview and 2 in-person interviews They told me there would be a 3rd and final interview. At the 3rd interview I was told there would be 4th interview and I would have to take a test. I've never had an issue with any test. I guess they're test didn't like me so they blew me off. I would never trust a test to pick my employees for me. Stop wasting people's time. I should have paid more attention to the other reviews.

Clerical - Utility Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America (Sparks, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call for one on one interview. About fifteen minutes long, took a small tour of the facility with the interviewer badmouthing of the person I was replacing. Took place in a warehouse surrounded by loud machinery. Was asked very few questions about my aptitude before being offered the position to start as soon as possible. Accepted out of desperation. Wage was non-negotiable. Hours were negotiable, so that was good.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in this industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wage was non-negotiable, hours were. I wouldn't advise anyone to work for this company.

Industrial Hygienist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America.

Interview

I was a little bit nervous at the beginning because it happened to be my first job interview after Uni. I was interviewed by two individuals whom i wont mention their names. Overall, it was a wonderful experience because i learned from my mistakes.

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America.

Interview

It is ironic that the company name contains "Truth" in the name. My interview process was anything but the truth. I applied online for the position of Senior Chemist. I was contacted via email to interview for what I assumed to be the equivalent position of Senior Analyst (job ID number was identical). After two interviews I received a job offer with a salary that was significantly lower than what I was expecting. It was only after receiving the official letter (which came 3 business days after the phone offer) wherein I discovered I was actually offered the position of Analyst. At no point during my interview process was it discussed that I was in fact being brought in for a different position. The lack of transparency and dishonesty in the process of this interview was incredibly disrespectful. I could never justify myself working for this organization.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach being given 4 different sets of samples to analyze in day?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with troubleshooting?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable doing GC repair/maintenance?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America.

Interview

Initial interview was a telephone call. I had attempted to research the division, Power & Utilities, prior to the call but could not figure out where they were located on their website (go ahead, I dare you, try to find it in 5 minutes); gave up and felt I had a poor interview. Surprised that I got a face to face scheduled.

Second interview was in person with the Corporate Chief Operating Officer from Florida. Brusque, asked questions about industry knowledge, 30 minutes tops. Figured I was out of the running.

Third interview was with who I thought I would be reporting to, National Director of Sales, and the regional Operations Director; turned out the position would be reporting to the regional Ops Director. The National Director of Sales asked a few questions but did 90% of the talking - super dynamic guy by the way - and, unfortunately for me, the regional Ops Director slept through most of the interview. I figured I was done for.

Interview Questions

• None. Stock questions. Seemed in a hurry to get someone placed. Should have been a clue.   Answer Question

Authorized Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America (Youngstown, OH) in December 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was interested in hiring me and I wasn't really looking for the job so the questions were more around the subject of what it would take to get me to change companies. He asked me if I would take more money and how my current benifites were.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America.

Interview

Interview quick and calm.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about what this company does?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Liked the job, liked the offer, started right away

Environmental Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bureau Veritas North America.

Interview

I received a call to interview the day after I sent in my resume to a former colleague. I met with the division head and my meeting lasted 30 minutes. He didn't ask any hard questions and went through my resume with me. I felt that he didn't really listen to what I was saying though and kept trying to make me want to do the work he was interested in, not work I was interested in. I did not hear anything about my status for 2 months. HR called for compensation specifics and then I received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Are you interested in becoming a CIH?   1 Answer

The offer was the same as my current salary and my counteroffer was declined. I was not offered any overtime either, which is offered at my current job, and was expected to work 50 to 60 hour weeks. My offer included the same amount of vacation but I did not receive any sick time.