Burger King Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burger King Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Burger King

1.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

face to face interview with store manager.just asked about past experiences.how my previous work qualified me for getting this job.asked me a few specific questions about how to manage a store in absence of the manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burger King (Dayton, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

Huge Sign on window "Now hiring managers"
    went inside, sat down talked to two DM's....
    hired on spot
    one cut my hair for drug test...had you wait one day for the results then I went to the training store.....The training typically lasts for 6-8 weeks.....You take the serve safe test and a district manager "certifies" you as a manager.
    that was it

Interview Questions

• We do daily inventories and sometimes you have to work at other stores. Is that a problem?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Windsor Heights, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burger King (Windsor Heights, IA) in July 2014.

Interview

Got a call a couple of days after I applied online via Snagajob. Interviewed for assistant manager. 20 minute interview with just basic questions. Informed me that they position started as a regular employee. And need to work your way up. They did not have an assistant manager position available. I have many years experience with retail and restaurant management. I was offered a job but soon after I started I realized that they were only filling an empty spot working 430 am till 9 making minimum wage. Not what I was expecting or what I interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available and do you have any problems being called in on your day off.   2 Answers

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I interviewed at Burger King (Des Moines, IA) in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with the Vice President of the franchise company. Interview took a little over an hour, we talked about my then current job, and goals for the future as well as current achievements. We talked about education as well as goals for education in the future, how it would fit into work and home life.

Interview Questions

• What would I like to see happen in the restaurant business in the next five years, what do I see myself doing in the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burger King (Rockville, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

Walked in and asked if they are currently hiring for assistant managers. Filled out an application and received a call from the company a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation... should have because working 100 hrs every two weeks pay should be more!

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burger King (Manhattan, KS) in December 2012.

Interview

Very fast. fast interview and works great.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was fast and easy

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

What interested you about this Company, enthusiasm and motivations, get an overall picture of career aspirations,what is your biggest weakness and passions in order to determinate if this candidate will fi into the work culture

Because I was still working for Burger King

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burger King (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I walked into a local restaurant and the district manager happened to be there. She seemed to like my personality and scheduled an interview for later in the week. During the interview, she asked me very basic questions about my experience. It was more of a friendly chat. She offered me the job on the spot.

Negotiation

No negotiation. She offered me considerably more than I was making and I accepted. In retrospect, I should have tried for more.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burger King (Canton, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Those interested in a management should speak to their supervisor. If upper management is interested in offering an appointment, they will schedule an interview through your supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much of a negotiation. I was offered a higher position than what I had, which was a cashier position, and I took it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Some of the franchises hire headhunters to find candidates most suited to their needs. I applied online and was contacted by a headhunter. Let's just say that I definitely dodged a bullet by deciding not to further the interview process with this company. The pay that they tried to negotiate was laughable compared to other companies in the area with similar positions. The headhunter in particular was rude and shady, and when I did get to speak with the District Manager he/she wasn't very helpful.

Interview Questions

• What availability do you have?   1 Answer