Burger King Management Trainee: Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burger King Management Trainee: Operations Interview Questions

3.3

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

I applied via the BK website and was contacted a few days later for a 30 minute preliminary phone interview. They asked basic tell me about yourself questions that test your ability to speak coherently. If you pass they ask you to take online assessments, a personality test and a business/critical thinking test. For whatever reason I had to take the personality test twice. I like to think it was because I seemed too good to be true, but I imagine they wanted to check for consistency. The business test consists of basic math and logic.

I had a webcam interview. They start by asking you a few basic questions to warm up then jump into a series of situational questions. Your are asked to assume the role of a restaurant general manager and how you would deal with disputes, unhappy customers, unruly employees, etc. Then the interviewer will ask you if you have any questions. Have a good arsenal of questions lined up because this part is about half of the interview. Following my questions the interviewer asked me to run them through my resume and experiences ("tell me about a time..."). The interview concludes with your final questions and a brief rundown of how the rest of the process will play out. The whole thing takes about 45-60 mins.

I was told it would take about a week or two to hear back from them but I got an e-mail passing me on within 48 hours. My best advice for someone applying for this position is to make yourself appear well suited for the industry. I was contested on my lack of QSR experience and told that people who had not worked in that industry before typically do not perform as well. Luckily I was prepared for this, but you need to make your personality and experience seem relevant to their business.

My biggest complaint about this process was the duration, but they claimed there were a number of atypical hitches in the process that dragged out some of the steps (sick employees, system upgrades, etc.). Also, DO YOUR RESEARCH! BK has changed a lot in the past couple years and they like candidates who are aware of current events. It is true that they outsource their recruitment. I think this causes some confusion over some of the details; however, I don't think they are intentionally lying. It would be more professional if their facts straight though. The recruiter was extremely helpful and friendly. My questions were always answered quickly and completely.

Interview Questions

• The situational questions were by far the hardest. I found them to be a little vague which made them difficult to answer thoroughly, but you get a feel of what they are looking for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer is nonnegotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Operations Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Orlando, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone Interview- Prescreening interview with a recruiter with very simple questions (I.E. Why Burger King? Is relocating to Miami okay? GPA? Tell me about yourself, etc.)

If selected, you must pass two assessments (personality & another) and then move on to a web cam interview.

Web Cam Interview-Behavioral based interview

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. Questions like "What if the drive thru time is longer than the ideal set time? How would you promote/sell a new dessert/product? How would you deal with a disagreement between your district manger and store manager (your in between)? How would you deal with a disruptive customer and your employee?"   Answer Question

Management Trainee: Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL).

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call in 3 days for a immedite phone screening. Recruiter was very professional and friendly. Very helpful. Follwed with an timed exam. Next, Interviewed with HR Manager from NYC and than invited to headquarters final interview and case study exam.

Management Trainee: Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

I would not reccomend this company. There was a hostile group presentation and it seemed like they already had quotas in place of who they wanted. They had a diffucult case study of financial ratios and problems. Obvisouly this would take 1 hour plus to complete they only gave us 30 min. The group presentations were done unfairly and people from my group were shouted desperetly needing attention. It was a unprofessional interview and since 3g capital took over looks like management is going downhill. I wouldnt work for this company even it I got offered the position.