Burger King Manager Trainee Program (Operations Focus) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burger King Manager Trainee Program (Operations Focus) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Manager Trainee Program (Operations Focus) Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burger King (West Palm Beach, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

I submitted an online application on New Year's and received an email the very next day from a recruiter, asking to set up a phone interview. The interview was pretty painless...mostly just to weed out the people who have no shot. She asked basic questions about my background, future plans, why Burger King, etc. Afterwards she said I was moving to the next step, which was taking two online assessments.

If I recall correctly, the first online assessment was more of a personality kind of test, and the second one was more logic and math related. Nothing too complicated, but if you're like me and haven't had a math class in a while, you may want to brush up on your math a little. I passed both assessments and my recruiter said she was going to schedule me for a face-to-face interview in Miami sometime in early March or late February and, if selected, a start date of mid-April.

Weeks went by, then out of the blue in late January I got an email stating that they decided to add another group of hires in March, in addition to the one in April. I was asked which one I preferred and I chose the earlier date. She said that because of time constraints they would not be doing face-to-face interviews, rather, they would be done via webcam.

The next week I had a webcam interview with the woman in charge of the MTP program. The interview went very well. She asked questions ranging from "why Burger King?" to scenario-based questions, to the "tell me about a time when..." questions. Some of the scenario questions were like "if you were a general manger and BK was coming out with a new product, how would you market this and increase sales in your restaurant?" Another had to do with a conflict with employees and how would you handle it. Overall, there were really no surprise questions...everything should be expected when interviewing for a job like this. She also asked about why I chose the university I attended, my major, etc.

I felt really good after the interview. We had a few laughs, and great rapport. She said they would be making final selections in the coming weeks and I should hear something by then. About 2 hours later, I got an email from my recruiter telling me I was through to the background portion. A few days later I received an email with instructions...I had to fill out a few sheets of paper, provide them with previous addresses, as well as a copy of my diploma and consent to perform a background check, and fax it.

About two weeks after I faxed the documents, I received an email from my recruiter congratulating me, with my offer letter attached. I had two days to sign and email it back. I accepted, and I'm scheduled to start working in mid-March!

I'm still kind of surprised that they offered me the position without ever having physically met me in person. I thought for sure there would be a final interview in Miami before I was officially offered the position, but there wasn't. But I'm not complaining!

Interview Questions

• They were all pretty standard interview questions. When they ask "why Burger King" think of something outside the box. Show them that you've done your research and you're serious about this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. My salary was stated in my offer letter and I had to accept or decline. My initial salary is $45,000 a year, so I happily accepted.