Burger King Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burger King Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.0

Shift Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was brief and short. I explained my previous employer's and my job functionalities. Was not asked what I would accept as a suitable pay. Took a drug test right after and "technically failed", tested positive for methamphetamine and opioid's. (Blood pressure medication has active ingredient in "meth") and (I'm prescribed vicaden). GM didn't mind saying "just don't bring it to work". I brought my own background check, witch wasn't but could have been fabricated. They were ecstatic that they were saving the company a little money.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no identifiable negotiation phase. It was more or less a date to start. An assumption of mine is that the company refrains as much as possible from discussing or getting on the subject of hourly pay. Regardless of experience or qualifications they want to pay you bare minimum.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burger King (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied, got an interview the next week. Interview was laid back, got an offer the next day. Accepted it and am now working here. It was a very streamlined proccess

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burger King (Overland Park, KS) in December 2016.

Interview

I was hired on the spot because my resume was so good. No interview, they are just looking for anyone with a pulse. Just come in well dressed and they will hire you they are so desperate

Assistant Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burger King (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was with the training manager at another store. Asked basic information, experience in food service and how long I planned to stay with the company. Second interview was with director of operations, asked a lot of personal questions and then background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Are you ServSafe certified?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

Asked if i was breathing and could legally work. That was about it. If you are applying for crew don't worry and be yourself. If you are applying for management, know your stuff. Be able to talk about managing labor, food cost, and P&Ls. Dress professional, shave, smile, shake their hand, and thank them at the end.

Interview Questions

• So you have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burger King (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

The interview process was short and nice. The owner of the franchise asked me a few questions, including schedule and when I could start. At the time, I was going to school near by and I think that is one reason why I got hired on the sport.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing that I did not expect from the interview question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was very short

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

First interview was a 30 minute on campus interview- behavioral but with weird questions like "what would your previous boss rate you out of 10." Second round was supposed to be a Skype interview but there were technical difficulties and was rescheduled for over the phone. Third interview was Skype case interview about pricing strategies for a new menu item. The audio was so bad, I could barely understand what the interviewer was saying. Others at the super day said the same thing.

Final round was a super day at the Miami headquarters. There were 20 or so candidates which seemed like a lot compared to other companies' super days. The day started with a business simulation in groups of 4-5 with three assessors observing at the table. The assessors at our table seemed to be barely paying attention, spending most of the time looking at their laptops and on their phones.
    Next was "speed dating" interviews, where we spoke to three different people for 10 minutes each. These interviews were rushed (understandable for the time given) and had some odd questions. My first interview was awkward because the interviewer gave no verbal or facial expressions as I struggled to understand an extremely ambiguous question. That was followed by an office tour and lunch.

At the end of the day, the group was split in half - one group moved on to interview with executives. The other group was sent home. I was unfortunately in the group that was sent home. They told us our ride was here and it was a taxi that took us back to our hotel. To add insult to injury, we had to pay for the taxi upon arrival. The way the day ended seemed a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would your ideal total lifetime salary be, how would it change over the years (beginning and ending salary) and what factors go into these numbers and raises   Answer Question

Cashier/Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burger King (Columbia, SC) in November 2016.

Interview

It really wasn't a interview. Since there were about eight of us, the manager went over what is expected of us, drug testing/test fee, hygiene, and piercings/tattoos (which cannot be visible), and our availability. After the group, she took us separately and asked our availability again and could we take a pre-employment drug test. And they only conduct background checks for adults, not high school students.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for the future?   1 Answer

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mobile, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burger King (Mobile, AL) in November 2016.

Interview

After I submitted an application, I was contacted the next day about setting up an I terview that would be conducted the following day. They told me not to cancel the interview or my application would not be considered again. I was early for my interview but when I came into interview someone else was already being interviewed and so I waited. It was past my appointment time before I ever got the chance to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• If a customer ordered a sandwich and asked to leave something off of it comes back up to the counter angrily shouting "why didn't you put this on my sandwich?" What do you do?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burger King (New York, NY).

Interview

One interview, with a manager or store manager. They'll tell you if you got the job and schedule you for orientation, or call you and let you know when your orientation will be

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work at Burger King   1 Answer