Burger King Leadership Development Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burger King Leadership Development Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Burger King

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone screening with HR, then on-site interview, half candidates were sent home after lunch and the remaining candidates had final rounds. Asked a series of case questions and met with different leaders of their departments, which they categorize as towers. Had a franchise simulation excercise that identified the leaders quickly.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

I applied through school and had an on-campus interview. The interview was with 3 RBI representatives but only one of the spoke the entire time. The interviewer was aggressive and took no time to hold a conversation. It was question after question and I felt like I couldn't even think of complete answers b/c it was rushed and impersonal.

Interview Questions

• If your old boss were here what would they tell you to be better at?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process happened over the course of a month and involved 3 rounds. The first round is a skype interview and is very conversational. They're mostly doing behavioral questions in that round. The second round is a skype interview that is half behavioral and half logic and brain-teaser based. The third round interview is a superday at the Burger King headquarters in Miami. That day involves a business game simulation as well as 5 "speed dating" interviews.

Interview Questions

• If an analog clock reads 3:25, what angle do the two hands make?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL).

Interview

There were on-campus interviews, but I was contacted outside of on-campus recruiting after submitting my resume online and at the career fair. I had two online interviews (through something similar to Skype). The first was behavioral with a few brain teasers. A week later, I was contacted for a second round. This was again online, but this time it was almost wholly problem solving. I was then invited down to the HQ in Miami for a final-round interview. The day is LONG. They will split you into teams and you will play a business game. Then, there are five 10 minute "speed" interviews. There is a lunch break and then you return for two 30 minute interviews. Then, they make cuts and you have to present a one-minute presentation to some C-level executives.

I had a relatively good experience with the online interviews. However, I honestly felt that, in person, everyone was really intense and was trying to trip you up with a million questions about something you said. I personally had a very aggressive interviewer who clearly did not want to be there. The atmosphere was very competitive, which isn't a bad thing- just something to keep in mind.

Interview Questions

• Why BK? Why you? Basic brain teasers to test your thought process. Some case-like questions, but without numbers. Again, just to test your thought process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Essentially I had two webcam interviews first. The first one was mostly behavioral and the second one was more analytical. They ask questions like "if you saw a clock at 5:15 what would the angle be?" After that I received a call saying that they wanted to fly me down to Miami. They put you up in a hotel for a night and you start a super day which consisted of a business game, speed interviews, and two 30-minute interviews. After that there was a mid-day cut and about half the people were cut and sent to the airport. Then you begin to prepare to deliver a one-minute speech to the executives, I literally sat and talked with the CEO and he interviews you. I did not end up getting an offer but it was a great experience, tough though and not for non top-tier candidates that have great interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• If you had all the money in the world what would you buy/invest in?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

Applied via university career site. Received on campus interview within a week. The interviewer was very amiable, but she made it clear they were looking for a specific type of personality. She seemed unsure as to whether or not that was a good thing. After first round, they got back to me within a week. I did not get next round but for final round, candidates are invited to the office in Miami.

Interview Questions

• Personality questions. The main thing they were asking is are you type A? Do you fit with culture of BK?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

Went through on-campus recruitment. Had a first round on-campus interview. Recruiters consisted of an alumni and a head of a department. They were very nice and accommodating. Questions were failry simple, consisted of a few behavioral questions and 2 simple brain teasers. Results came out the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you felt that you had failed.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

One phone or on-campus interview with behavioral questions, followed by another phone/skype round with market sizing/brainteaser questions. If you perform well, you may be asked to come into the headquarters for a final day. The day starts with a 1-hour business game where you are trying to grow BK's business on different continents. You really can't prepare for it, but know that they are looking for team players, leaders, and fast learners. Volunteer for any questions they ask after each round and contribute to discussions.
    After that, you will speed interview with 5-7 people for about 10 minutes each. These can vary depending on who interviews you. You will then have two long interviews, one behavioral and one case. BK does a mid-day cut where half of the interviewees are asked to stay if they are still being considered. The finalists end the day in a panel with C-level executives and a few other candidates. You will need to make a 1-min speech on why you want to join BK and why you would be a good fit for the job. The executives will put you and the other candidates on the hot seat for a few minutes. Be prepared for the unexpected - they are really trying to trip you up to see how you will respond under pressure and back up your answers with logic.
    It is LONG day so try to get plenty of sleep!

Interview Questions

• How many degrees are between the minute and hour hand of a clock?
      How many miles are between here and (another city in the US)?
      Tell me about a time when you failed and learned from your mistakes.
      Why do you want to work at BK?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

Started with a drop off of resume at career fair.

Initial Interview was supposed to be over Skype, didn't work. So over the phone. Typical behavioral questions...

Second interview, again Skype didn't work, ridiculous questions, some of which i list. interviewer was rude and unhappy.

Would never want to work there. Robotic

Interview Questions

• You are stuck in your room with no windows and a mountain in front of your door how do you get out?

Describe a data base to an 8 Year old   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

First there was a standard resume screen through my university. This was followed by a behavioral phone interview (pretty brief at 20 minutes and conversational). Next there was an in person second round interview with a few quantitative case questions. Didn't make it to the final round, but that is a full day interview in Miami. .

Interview Questions

• Your standard brainteaser questions: at 4:15, what is the size of the angle between the minute and hour hand of the clock?   1 Answer