Burger King Management Trainee Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burger King Management Trainee Program Interview Questions

Interviews at Burger King

3.5

Management Trainee Program Interview

Interview

There were three steps in the interview process:
1) A relatively easy phone interview with HR/mainly fit questions and gauging interest
2) Harder questions with upper management - some brainteasers and a case question
3) 6-hour day-long comprehensive on-site interview. For this one, you definitely want to have your story (why you want to work here...) absolutely down.

Interview Questions

• The main question to hit on is why you want to work at Burger King vs. other similar companies, but also be familiar with doing case questions (ex. how many people buy fast food in the U.S. every day)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

There were three parts of the interview process. #1 general call from outsourced HR rep about background and interest in BK- #2 Call with high-level manager with many more behavior interview questions; this lasted about 45 minutes- #3 Invited to BK headquarters in Miami. There were four different people I interviewed with (including the CEO which was cool) and also at times people came into the conference room with me and the 9 other candidates to have conversation. The interviews were different styles, some more conversational and a harder "stress" interview with some math and case questions.

They also talked a lot about their culture to make sure the candidates were a good fit. The culture is casual in the way of dressing and communicating (there are no offices, only desks) but also extremely intense and competitive among employees. There is little outside work life, 12-14 hour workdays, and very high job turnover rate so be sure to know this if you are applying.

Interview Questions

• How would you determine how many sailboats there are in Miami?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL).

Interview

day long in person interviews. Group discussions and 1 one on one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

First you apply to the website and through school. They will screen you with a phone interview. You are called in for an on-campus interview with 2 recruiters. After this, they will call you for a last interview day at headquarters. here you will have to complete a written case and discuss the case in a team. Then you will be interviewed by 2 staff members.
    I didn't realize that the case was longer than what i thought and failed to complete it.

Interview Questions

• Written case presents you as a general manager at a restaurant and you need to balance the budget with operational and variable costs, along with its profits. Then discuss the implications as part of a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in April 2011.

Interview

First applied through University career services. Was called by recruiter for very easy simple phone interview, mostly just to judge why you applied to the position. Then an online skills test was taken, and after that was contacted for a 1:1 interview at school. After that went well was called and told I would be interviewing at the company headquarters in Miami. They flew down about 110 or so candidates from different schools around the country, splitting them in half for interviews on separate Fridays, and on each Friday split those groups into a morning and afternoon group. Was given tour of headquarters, and saw what it would be like to work there. They had just come under new management from a Brazilian company and had changed the layout of the place. After the tour had a panel interview with 2 employees for about an hour. Then a business case study which consisted of a written portion and after that a group presentation based on the written portion. This is where things go sour. There was a lot of group think and aggressive behavior from those who wanted to be heard. So a lot of people were very rude - talking over others, not letting others speak, which was detrimental to their chances of being selected. From what I gather, they mostly selected candidates from mediocre Florida schools. There were a lot of candidates from top 20 schools (Duke, UChicago, BC), but they did not seem to be selected over Florida candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would feel having to work in a Burger King restaurant for 2 months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in November 2013.

Interview

First phone/skype interview was fairly standard & about my resume. Second was more analytical thinking questions. Final round was a very long day of interviews, tours, group projects and presentations.

Interview Questions

• How many people in the US were eating dinner at a given hour of the day (say 5pm).   Answer Question

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burger King in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume and cover letter through my university's career services website. The interview was in person, one-on-one. It was very informal and I was able to ask many questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question that required estimation and another that required basic math skills.   1 Answer
    • They also asked questions about my resume and experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Dropped resume on college recruiting site
    1st round was a skype like interview (did not work so ended up being phone) and was straight behavioral like what is a weakness, when did the rules changes and you had to adapt, etc
    2nd round was emailed to set up a 2nd skypeish interview (again did not work so ended up being phone) and was the next day and was all analytical brainteasers
    3rd round fly down to headquarters in Miami for superday of corporate tour and interviews ending with presentation to executives

Interview Questions

• Brain Teasers:
      127 teams in a round robin how many games and rounds are played to get to one winner?
      A frog is at the bottom of a 30 meter well. Each day he summons enough energy for one 3 meter leap up the well. Exhausted, he then hangs there for the rest of the day. At night, while he is asleep, he slips 2 meters backwards. How many days does it take him to escape from the well?
      Bag of 9 balls and one weighs more than the others, you get 2 weigh ins on a scale. How do you go about determining which one weighs more than the others?   Answer Question

I had a better offer on the table

Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burger King in October 2014.

Interview

On campus interview - 2:1

The interviewer began speaking to me in French that threw me off. He was very aggressive in his interview style, used profanity at several points in the interview and rolled his eyes at my answers. He also interrupted me several times and criticized my opinions.

Most of the questions were unrelated to the job. A mix of brain teasers and personal questions. These scare tactics are definitely not the way to attract good people. The program seems mediocre and lacks prestige in my opinion.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burger King (Miami, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview, the Skype Interview.They yly you to Miami for a whole day of analytical games, speed round and case interviews. Then they dismiss half of the candidates Then at the end have to elevator pitch in front of the C-Suite in a group interview setting and the CEO, CFO, and CMO ask you very difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• If you had to fire one of the rest of the candidates right now who would you fire and why?   Answer Question