Burger King Operation Coach Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burger King Operation Coach Interview Questions

Interviews at Burger King

3.3

Operations Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

The first communication happen rather quickly after applying and the process moved just as fast. The HR person ("dream killer", as she is referred by HQ) called to see if I was still interested in the position and she went on describing the position and the requirements along with some disclosures. A first interview was set and it was done over a video conference followed by an immediate called back from the HR lady that I would be moving on to the next interview. That second interview had to be rescheduled twice as they seemed to have forgotten about letting the other person know about the interview. Once that interview was done I got another called from the same HR person to discuss final numbers (they are not big on negotiation) and to set up the first day.
The interview process is not difficult at all. They will ask you a number of questions but they are not complicated or anything unusual. Know ahead of time why you are leaving your current place, why BK, what are your expectations, ask for their expectations, and do not be afraid to ask tough questions as you will most likely see them reaching for the stars.

Interview Questions

• There were no really difficult questions, just make sure you listen to the entire question before you answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burger King

Operation Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Burger King (Tulsa, OK) in August 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter from BK to possibly interview for their new position, Operations Coach. The initial recruiter was very positive, very encouraging. After being informed I would move to the next round, I waited several days with no contact. I was then interviewed by someone from their Talent Acquisition group roughly ten days later. She was very pleasant, offering encouraging feedback throughout the interview and affirming each of my responses. She conducted a fairly standard behavioral interview. The questions were all in the format of "Tell me about a time when..." I was told I would be contacted within two days. I did not hear any feedback for a week. I emailed the original recruiter. He responded back immediately that I had been selected to be flown to Chicago for a face-to-face panel interview. My file was then passed on to a coordinator in Kansas CIty who worked with me on travel arrangements. I interviewed with the woman who was the hiring manager and human resources director. The questions were focused on how I would handle certain job situations in the role. I was asked about how I would manage franchisee relationships and how I would grow revenue for the stores. We talked for about an hour and both ladies were very friendly and often used phrases like "Oh, that's excellent," and "very good answer" after each of my responses.

I felt the whole interview went extremely well and they asked me to wait outside while they conferred. After about five minutes, the HR director emerged from the room and said she wanted to get me some interview time with some VPs who were conducting very brief second interviews. She told me as we walked to another conference room to show those two individuals the same passion, energy, and enthusiasm that I displayed in my interview and I would have absolutely no problem making a lasting impression. "That's what was so impressive when we talked to you just now," she told me. She went on to inform me that BK wanted to move very quickly on filling these positions and that individuals who interviewed last week were being made job offers that week, implying a very quick one-week turnaround on being offered a position.

I met with a Regional Operations VP and an HR VP. I asked if the Operations Coach role was one that spent time teaching the culture of Burger King, because I had been studying the BK website and they have a very specific, clearly-defined culture. The HR VP thought it was an excellent question. She was polite and encouraging. She deferred the question to the Regional VP who told me that, yes, while BK has a culture, at the end of the day it's about results and delivering high numbers. All the talk about having open dialogue and listening to one another was all good and well, but all that mattered at the end of the day was results. Bottom line. He seemed a very nice man, but also a very driven man from an old-school leadership style that placed results above all else.

I left Chicago feeling strongly about my chances. Two weeks went by and heard nothing from Burger King. I called the original recruiter who told me that he was frustrated about the whole process because he started out working with one hiriing manager and that is the one he thought I was going to be interviewing with. He was unaware that the company had decided to open up two positions in the Oklahoma market, one going to one leader, the other to the one I interviewed with. He openly expressed his frustration and said I would be hearing from somone in a couple of days. No call came.

A few days later I called again. The recruiter told me that two people had been selected for the two positions. One person accepted the offer, while the other had not accepted the offer and there was an issue with the background check. I cleared background already and was completed. The individual they made an offer to, according to the recruiter, had an issue of concern on his background check and the hiring manager was waiting on that person to complete some important paperwork before deciding to go forward with the offer or extend the offer to me.

"But someone will definitely be contacting me one way or the other to let me know if I'm going to be offered the job or not?" I asked.

"Yes. Definitely." the recrutier said

I thanked him and also said I would appreciate some feedback on my interview because I thought it went extremely well. So, if I'm not considered for the job, it would be beneficial to know what prevented me from getting the offer. He agreed to arrange for that.

That was 16 days ago and I've still heard nothing. I've called again twice since then to follow up and have not had my calls returned. The whole experience left me disillusioned and disrespected. To put someone in a position where they are that close to getting the position, and then not return phone calls to follow up after committing to do was very frustrating.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a franchisee who did not want to follow an idea or suggestion you created?   5 Answers

Operations Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burger King in July 2011.

Interview

There was two telephone interviews followed by a personality test, online consent for background check, education, experience ,etc.. then a panel interview followed by a meeting with HR personel, not to mention the dozen or so emails and travel coordinator contact.

This was a very long process (a month from first contact to final interview). Each telephone interview was about 45 minutes in length. Questions between the two interviews are basically repetitive, such as, "tell me a time when you _____" or "what have you done to increase the top line on an income statement".

Panel interview was held at a hotel in actual rooms (suites). At this point they had paid for a flight from the west coast to Colorado. Interview was with a regional director and another person (did not catch title).

Questions are more a formality at this point, as they are one's you have answered before. This seems more as a get to know you session and how you react when you are put on the spot with difficult situation questions and how you would increase sales. 6 or 7 questions in total.

Hint: (They are looking for things along the line of Guerrilla Marketing)

At this point, they ask you to step outside the room and then a twist. You where only told about one interview, if they think you may be a good candidate they come out and take you to meet with senior HR personel in another room with another candidate. I found out that this was not the case for some of the others interviewed when one person spilled the beans in the lobby afterwards that their interview was pretty short and another candidate asked them about their second interview in which they said they did not get.

At this point the senior HR people are telling you about what your main function is and end with what is your favorite item.

Your are told that they will contact you within the next two weeks with either an offer or if you have been declined.

Received telephone offer and then emailed offer a week and a half later. $65,000, company car, home office allowance, 6% mathching, day one full benefits and 401(k).

Operations Coach Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Burger King.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a few weeks after graduation and she told me to apply for the position. I applied, had a phone interview a few days later, was moved on to the next round where I had another interview. I then waited until July to have a skype interview with two others, was flown out to Miami to have my final interview.