Burgiss Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burgiss Interview Questions

2.5

Data Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burgiss (Hoboken, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

I received the interview invitation 10 dyas after application and I went to the office in Hoboken which is clean and organized. And the office has a great view of Hardson River and it is located next to a river park. The whole process was about 45 minutes. I first met with the intern associate and she asked several general interview questions like tell me about yourself and why you apply for this job. And then I meet with their analysit manager. He asked questions about private equity, fund , buyout and financial reports. And finally, I was reuired to take a 30 minutes test. It is all about simple math calculations and verbal test. It is not difficult at all. Then, I received the offer one week after my interview.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burgiss (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I got an email from internship coordinator and went to the interview.

It was face-to-face interview with the coordinator, manager of the team.

No tricky but fundamental questions such as basic financial concepts and so on.

After that day of interview, I got an offer right away

Interview Questions

• Explain about balance sheet, financial report
      Talk about yourself
      Why Burgiss
      Why this job
      Oh, if you played your card right, you would get an aptitude test (super easy)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burgiss (Hoboken, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

Basic behaviorals, then onto what is private capital/equity and how is it positioned in the world of finance? It was okay I guess, also know what institutional investors are and how they contribute to private equity. Have a strong drive and they will pick up on it.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burgiss (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through my school website, and got an opportunity to interview for Burgiss. 1 Round interview, 2 interviewers. They asked various questions about private capital, what Burgiss does, etc. There was also a small exam at the end of it that they gave me thirty minutes to complete.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burgiss.

Interview

Position was unpaid, interview was pretty laid back. Talked to three guys about the position. Know about the products the offer and you should be fine. Questions were more personal than about them however.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burgiss.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions. Come prepared and don't be awkward.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Burgiss.

Interview

Not difficult. A few rounds, entire process was quick. Good sign that its not a great place to work - not surrounded by smart people

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burgiss in March 2011.

Interview

I applied through college OCR website and heard back from the company about a week or so. The interviewer emailed a few questions related to the company and private equity industry. The next phase was onsite interview with the team members. The interview itself was pretty easy and laid back.

Interview Questions

• What are the three financial statements?
      Why are you interested in the position?
      Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stellenbosch (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burgiss (Stellenbosch (South Africa)) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews, one face to face and one phone call. Also had to write an assessment at their office. One of the interviews was with one of the american managers

Private Equity Research Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burgiss in April 2011.

Interview

First interviewer was pretty laid back. Second interviewer just went over the position. Position includes working with financials and researching. Seems like a pretty good internship. Unpaid but a $15 stipend for every 4 hrs worked.

Interview Questions

I got an offer somewhere else that pays.