Burke's Outlet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Burke's Outlet

1.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Super easy. It felt more like having a conversation with someone than being interviewed.The questions are basic, they ask about previous job experience, customer service and ethics. The tricky part is the test but if you get an interview it means you've passed this so you are good to go!

Interview Questions

• Previous job experience, a lot of questions about customer service and offering loyalty.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Starkville, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet (Starkville, MS) in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy and laid back. The interviewers just want to get to know you and see if you are a good fit. I would advise being your self and making them laugh with your personality.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Gadsden, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet (East Gadsden, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

it was a mostly chatty session about how i felt about "keeping the store clean" nothing much on customer service

Negotiation

blah

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet (Cleveland, TN).

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. They looked over my resume and confirmed the history of my jobs. They commented on the experience I had that would be great having training for already to be successful there. They asked me my reasons for leaving as well, and what made me move from state to state. They asked about my college education, and my knowledge of computer literacy

Interview Questions

• Have you ever stole from a company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would be upfront about the policy they have for break times, and see if it's something you would want to put up with

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet (Columbia, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

I put in an applications & got a call by the end of the week. The interview was very fast and simple. The store manager invited me into her office and began describing the job responsibilities. She asked a few questions, gave me the opportunity to ask questions, & then offered me the job pending a successful background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you shop here?
      When are you available?
      Why do you want to work here?
      Why are you interested in retail?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet in January 2010.

Interview

The interview process in very long depending on which district you are applying for some will take upto 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• ALL the questions were generic, the same as you would be asked at any interview with any company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation they offer a base salary and there is no wigglwe room

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet.

Interview

The interview process started with a telephone interview first, then an impromptu face to face interview at a restaurant. The usual questions were asked, describe your management style, describe a time you had a deadline to meet & how you met it, describe what you like most & what you like least about your last job. All in all just basic questions, I thought there would be more technical questions.an offer was made later that day by phone & was told where to go for drug tests & fill out a background check, fairly easy & straight forward process

Interview Questions

• do you feel that personal time should be interrupted for business matters   Answer Question

Negotiation

was made an offer, there was no room for negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet (Clinton, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

First off, the person conducting the interview arrived late. They seemed to be very disorganized. They even took a personal phone call during the interview, which I found to be very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite store to shop at?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruidoso, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet (Ruidoso, NM) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process was short and to the point. They asked about future goals, how I handled criticism, was I a team player. Also how flexible was my schedule, could I pass a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle criticism?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burke's Outlet (Lewisville, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

it was a one on one, very simplified. i applied and as i was turning in my application the manager interviewed me on the spot and offered me the job. i started immediately and they worked with my schedule from another job i had at the time.

Interview Questions

• if i was able to work 35 hours of or more if i was asked?
      if i was able to work weekends and or holidays?
      what are some of your weaknesses or some of your straights?
      why should we hire you for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

there wasn't any negotiation the terms of my employment where agreed upon.