Burlington Stores Assistant Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Assistant Buyer Interview Questions

2.8

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was an appropriate length. From submitting an online application, to emailing directly with a recruiter, to phone screening, finally to a round robin style interview day. The interview day was 9am-1pm. Starting with group discussions, we analyzed how we would rate a sample product on an FQBP scale. Then followed up with 4 individual one-on-one interviews. It was good to get a few different perspectives from representatives all at different stages of their career. For the remainder of the time we shadowed a current assistant buyer and were about to ask any questions with them as well. After concluding the day, we were told we would be notified within two days. I received my offer over the phone two days later and accepted!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Burlington Stores?   Answer Question
  • How does your past experience apply to this position?   1 Answer
  • Who are your biggest fashion influencers?   1 Answer
  • How do you keep up with fashion trends?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ).

Interview

LONG. I met with three people and had to answer very strange questions. The second interviewer asked me about what the previous interviewer was wearing, I suppose to note my attention to detail...but it was just strange.

Interview Questions

• What was the first interviewer wearing?   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

The interview was a half day (from 9-12:30). You were first brought into a room with all applicants and sat at tables with the people you would later interview with. It was nice to meet them first unofficially as you got an overview of the company. Then you were brought to each of their offices for four 25 minute interviews. They didn't seem as long as I thought they would and they were very conversational interviews.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

The interview and hiring process was very quick and easy. I spoke with two people they asked me a few questions regarding the position I was interviewing for. It was painless and easy!

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a current employee, who passed it on to a recruiter. The recruiter contacted me through email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview I was then asked to attend their half day "meet and greet" round of interviews with an HR person and department buyers, as well as had the opportunity to shadow a current assistant buyer to see what a typical day is like. The day also included an overview of the company and a mock buy to simulate what their buying process is like. Very interesting way to structure an interview to not only let superiors get to know candidates but it also let candidates see if the company/job woud be a fit for them as well.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I had recently shopped any of the burlington stores as well as their competitors, and what burlington did well vs. the competition and vice versa   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in March 2014.

Interview

When I interviewed, I met with five different members of management within different areas of the company. Each had similar questions about your experience, but none of them caught me off guard.

Interview Questions

• They were very interested in questions you had for them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

The first round interview was after my school career fair with the HR director and an assistant buyer..typical interview asking questions about previous experiences, working in a group setting, why I chose my major, what interested me about off price retailing/burlington in general, etc. etc. The HR Director and assistant buyer were extremely nice and made the interview seem like it was just a normal conversation. I was notified the following day inviting me to the headquarters for a second round of interviews with a few DMM's. That was the following week. All of the DMM's were nice, some were more personal than others, but again, they were easygoing. They just wanted to see who you really are. I was told I would get an answer by the end of the week. It was Friday and I had not heard anything, so I emailed the HR director who invited me to interview and she said they would need the next week to make final decisions. I have still not received any offer or rejection.

Interview Questions

• Why Burlington? Explain your internship experience? Asked about competitors   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

The recruiter was very persistent; she felt she would be able to secure me a position at the company. However after going on more than several interviews with different buyers from various departments I was told that I was overqualified for all of the Assistant Buyer positions that I interviewed for and underqualified for the Buyer positions. They informed me that they promote within the company. I would have liked to have known this information early on in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a classification that you managed that was struggling. How did you turn around the business in this classification?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

Had one interview with the buyer and GMM. Recieved a call promptly.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in December 2009.

Interview

Called by HR then went in for face to face with head of planning, 2 buyers and 2 DM's. Received offer 2 days later.

Negotiation

No negotiation was accepted