Burlington Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of three hour plus long phone interviews. The hiring manager was experienced and professional. In addition there were several internet assessments. The assessments included personality and leadership type questions. Also included in the assessment were some very tough math, charting and algebraic type questions. Additional phone interviews were with market HR and market operations manager.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not hard but the on-line assessment was very difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They met my salary

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Lauderdale Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Lauderdale Lakes, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

After waiting (sitting down), I spoke with a member of management in his office. He was normal, fine. Questions were asked related to the position, experience, schedule availability. The assistant manager position I applied for wasn't available, though. I settled with a part time cashier/customer service position. I'll see how things play out.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in April 2013.

Interview

Basic phone interview with recruiter, then interview with hr and finally an interview with store manager or regional manager, most interviews were over the phone and conversation was very easy and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What has driven your success in previous jobs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. One on one with regional vice president and human resources representative for the territory. One on one with store manager of store that they were hiring for. Both interviews included store tours of the locations that I had meet them at.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2011.

Interview

Interview was one phone interview followed by a face-to-face with a regional team member. Entire process took about a month. Met in a store and sat in a manager's office. No drug or skills test required.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. .....what would you do if goals aren't met.....etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a little more than what I asked for.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Two interviews, old school interview

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in June 2012.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter which lasted about 30 minutes. She asked me basic questions related to my managing experience. A week later I met with the DM and the District HR Manager. The interview was fairly intense but still went very well. They were up front and honest with me that they were opening several stores and to be patient with them in there hiring process. Two weeks after meeting with the DM and the Hr Manager, I had an interview with the store manager that was very informal. No questions were asked. He just wanted to meet me to see if we could work together. Three weeks after meeting the store manager for an interview, I sat down with the Regional Operations Manager for my 4th and final interview. The interview was intense, but I was able to get through it. I walked to the store with the Store Manager and Regional Operations Manager. Two more weeks passed and I received a call from the Regional Manager with an offer, well above what I was looking for and an apology that it took so long (about 2 months). I was impresssed with there offer and gladly accepted it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Exceeded what I was asking for..

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

phone interview, interview with both store mgr. and district mgr., took about 2 weeks to be hired

Negotiation

no negotiations

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in February 2009.

Interview

Straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you had experience managing a team before?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in September 2011.

Interview

The first process was to fill out an application online.A few days later a supervisor called and said that they wanted me to come in for an interview ,after asking me a few questions about my work experience,I went to the interview and a few questions were asked like what are the things i need to work on? and why should i be hired by there company?.After the interview they stated i didnt have enough experience in managing alot of people ,but said they would submit my application to another department such as head cashier.
         In about three weeks some one called me about a second interview because a dept manager wanted to meet me.
    i went straight into a inteview office and was asked the same questions from the first interview.While i was answering the questions the interviewer put asterisks near the questions i feel that he liked the answer.
    After the interview was over the interviewer went out to speak to the head recuruiter and came back out to me and said someone will be contacting me in 7-10 days. so i think the interview went well .Wish me luck :)