Burlington Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Burlington for a cashier position and I was very impressed. The interviewer was very positive and up-beat. He didn't ask me any of those questions you get about the negative aspects of your previous positions. He simply got to know me and talked about the company and what he appreciates about it. I left with a very good feeling about this job. I might work here soon!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Independence, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed my application online a couple of days received a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with the district manager, store manager and assistant manager. After the district manager showed us around the store

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Really easy and was about 5 minutes. After the interview I was offered to work seasonal and was told my salary. They asked simple and rarely easy questions so nothing to nervous over.

Anonymous Employee in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Fall River, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with basic interview questions, she asked about availability and gave us information on how a day could be. they want to make sure you're customer focused, we each went around the table answering the questions. She was very informative, she told us the rate of pay, which is the state minimum wage, she went over the dress code, explained that it is all black shirt with black or khaki pants. She was very professional but down to earth.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset customer and how did you turn the situation around?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very quick only about 30 minutes (there were other applicants getting interviewed).I was asked basic questions about my skills and my previous work experience. I was also given a scenario and had to respond to how I would handle the scenario.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Within 2 days the manager called me. We set up an interview and when I went in everyone made me feel at home. The interview was short but it was one that I'm not used to because it was mostly the manager talking about the company the interview questions were easy but unusual for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about these last two jobs on your application and what it is that you did   1 Answer
    • tell me about your self. what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If your looking for hours and full time.. probably not the place for you. I like that it's flexible. Also you start at 8.50 until 6 month anniversary then bump up to 9 an hour

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Austell, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick interview, Store manager and Assistant manager present during interview. Asks basic interview questions from their manual and some other questions they may have for you. Starts you off at 8.00 no negotiations. Will get a raise after 6 months of being with the company

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a very quick, about 8 min interview. The manager just had me sit down and asked questions, she then told me I had to complete a background check online and she'll call me for orientation if everything checked out.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

They described most aspects of the position, discussed availability needed, and told me how many hours to expect weekly. They did ask about my previous work experience and why I would be good at the cashier position. It was more of a comfortable conversation than a stressful interview which was nice and relieved a lot of pressure.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in June 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and easy, I applied online and received a call a couple days later. Just a couple questions asked, just pretty much be yourself and you'll get through it. Very basic customer service questions, really just relying on common sense.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of good customer service?   1 Answer