Burlington Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

1.6

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Very simple process, I applied online and got a call about a week later asking to come in for an interview. At the interview some simple questions were asked and they said I just had to fill out a background check form that would be emailed to me, and after that was done that they would call back to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and then about two and a half weeks later received a phone call asking if I was still interested. I was asked to come in at 1:30, and then once I got there was asked to wait on a bench by the front door of the store. My interviewer was about 20 minutes late, though he did apologize for it.

The actual interview was pretty standard, if a bit perfunctory. My interviewer asked me a few questions, then talked about the store and how things worked. I asked a few questions about scheduling and dress code, which he answered. It was a little impersonal, but I could understand given that I was the second to the last interview that this man had, and he had been doing interviews for three days at that point.

Overall, it wasn't the best interview I've ever had, but it wasn't the worst. It was informative, and I walked out with a very good idea of what I would be signing on to if I said yes.

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Tinley Park, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied around the time they were having a open interview. I wasn't able to make the open interview so I made a time that I was more convenient for me. I went to the interview, and the manager explained to me what kind of person he is looking for. He asked questions like any usually interview wound go. I also made sure that I asked him questions too, it's shows that you're interested in the company.

Interview Questions

• What was a project that you had to complete, and what was your role in the project.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I applied online and then followed up in person since I was referred by a friend who works there. I was interviewed by the assistant manager and she printed my application and asked me very typical interview questions. She sent me a link to my e-mail for a background check which I filled out and once that was done I was called in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with Burlington for a cashier position and I was very impressed. The interviewer was very positive and up-beat. He didn't ask me any of those questions you get about the negative aspects of your previous positions. He simply got to know me and talked about the company and what he appreciates about it. I left with a very good feeling about this job. I might work here soon!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Independence, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed my application online a couple of days received a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with the district manager, store manager and assistant manager. After the district manager showed us around the store

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

There was only one interview I had to do. I got offered the job before I left. They send you an email with a the background paper you just sign that and send it back. It took about 2 days for them to call me back and give me a start day. I got the interview and started the same week.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Really easy and was about 5 minutes. After the interview I was offered to work seasonal and was told my salary. They asked simple and rarely easy questions so nothing to nervous over.

Anonymous Employee in Fall River, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Fall River, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with basic interview questions, she asked about availability and gave us information on how a day could be. they want to make sure you're customer focused, we each went around the table answering the questions. She was very informative, she told us the rate of pay, which is the state minimum wage, she went over the dress code, explained that it is all black shirt with black or khaki pants. She was very professional but down to earth.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an upset customer and how did you turn the situation around?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very quick only about 30 minutes (there were other applicants getting interviewed).I was asked basic questions about my skills and my previous work experience. I was also given a scenario and had to respond to how I would handle the scenario.