Burlington Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Murrieta, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Meh. It was a group interview and the interviewer spent more time telling us what we did wrong rather than actually asking us questions. He told us we should have brought documents of proof on our schooling and awards and that we should have done more research on the company. I suppose I didn't take the interview too seriously and that is my fault.

Interview Questions

• A woman and her children come into the store asking for a refund on a product they bought many months ago. It is past the date of the refund policy. Also, the price has gone up and she wants to be refunded for the new, higher price. What do you say?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Independence, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed my application online a couple of days received a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with the district manager, store manager and assistant manager. After the district manager showed us around the store

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Hanover, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Completed the allocation online and received a call about 3 days later. Typical interview, mostly asked about availability and past work history. They called back a week later saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

two interviews. It was the typical interview, not as stressful. Not much to say since it was just like any other average interview. Its great for people who are seeking to get some experience on their resume.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Augusta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

They really want to know if you are positive and able to complete the tasks of being a Cashier. Are you reliable, follow company policies, and support company values and goals.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Painless. It was like all other retail jobs. You do have to call to check on the application process. The background check takes some time, so expect that to hold up the process

Interview Questions

• The normal questions you seem to get in all retail   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you would handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have a different job it is hard, they want open availability for all their positions

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I found the job on indeed.com, and I applied thru their corporate site. I received a phone call to set up a time for the interview. The interview was conducted by the assistant store manager, and it was very low-key. Almost all the questions were behavioral interview questions about customer service and the ability to work well in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you provided excellent customer service in your last job.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a customer was dissatisfied and you were able to turn the situation around into a positive experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Fullerton, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and put in all the information that they asked for, including my birth date, i got a call back that same week to go in for a group interview. They had us all introduce ourselves, say what position we were interested, and if we had any work experience. The interview was about an hour long and after it was over the manager had a word with me and told me i wasn't eligible because i wasn't 18. They knew that from the beginning but wasted my time.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I applied for the job as Cashier Sales Associate and got a call back within about 2 weeks for an interview. After the 1st interview I had a 2nd interview the next day. I then had to wait for background check results to come in and was just officially hired today ! The interview process was fairly easy , plus the interviers were very nice. They both asked questions like why do you want to work here and what does customer service mean to you ...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage $7.25

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Filled out an online application, receive a call the next day for an interview that day.

Interview Questions

• What makes you come back to a store and spend money? What's your idea of customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted my lowest pay desire, however I was told they usually start out at minimum wage