Burlington Stores Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

1.7

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Murrieta, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Meh. It was a group interview and the interviewer spent more time telling us what we did wrong rather than actually asking us questions. He told us we should have brought documents of proof on our schooling and awards and that we should have done more research on the company. I suppose I didn't take the interview too seriously and that is my fault.

Interview Questions

• A woman and her children come into the store asking for a refund on a product they bought many months ago. It is past the date of the refund policy. Also, the price has gone up and she wants to be refunded for the new, higher price. What do you say?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

Burlington applications were extremely long drawn out applications. If you apply for a store based positron you will have to take a test to see if you qualify, the majority of this year is questions like: "I have never broken a rule: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree" or "I sometimes misplace things: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree." If you don't pass this test, you'll never even be called to interview. I have worked for Marshalls for quite a few years and was told I did not pass the test (I wasn't supposed to be told that). So ending, they rather employees who can pass a test more than ones who have actually proven the job at another off price retailer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and then about two and a half weeks later received a phone call asking if I was still interested. I was asked to come in at 1:30, and then once I got there was asked to wait on a bench by the front door of the store. My interviewer was about 20 minutes late, though he did apologize for it.

The actual interview was pretty standard, if a bit perfunctory. My interviewer asked me a few questions, then talked about the store and how things worked. I asked a few questions about scheduling and dress code, which he answered. It was a little impersonal, but I could understand given that I was the second to the last interview that this man had, and he had been doing interviews for three days at that point.

Overall, it wasn't the best interview I've ever had, but it wasn't the worst. It was informative, and I walked out with a very good idea of what I would be signing on to if I said yes.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I applied online and then followed up in person since I was referred by a friend who works there. I was interviewed by the assistant manager and she printed my application and asked me very typical interview questions. She sent me a link to my e-mail for a background check which I filled out and once that was done I was called in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got called in for an group interview. We went in a circle saying our answers to one of many managers questions. Towards the end of the interview she let us know she'd be in contact with us. Sure enough, the next day, she let me know I was hired and sent me the hiring packet via email.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What are you weakness'?
      Why Burlington?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Independence, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed my application online a couple of days received a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with the district manager, store manager and assistant manager. After the district manager showed us around the store

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Hanover, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Completed the allocation online and received a call about 3 days later. Typical interview, mostly asked about availability and past work history. They called back a week later saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

two interviews. It was the typical interview, not as stressful. Not much to say since it was just like any other average interview. Its great for people who are seeking to get some experience on their resume.

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Augusta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

They really want to know if you are positive and able to complete the tasks of being a Cashier. Are you reliable, follow company policies, and support company values and goals.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Tampa, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Painless. It was like all other retail jobs. You do have to call to check on the application process. The background check takes some time, so expect that to hold up the process

Interview Questions

• The normal questions you seem to get in all retail   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you would handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you have a different job it is hard, they want open availability for all their positions