Burlington Stores Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Customer Service Supervisor Interview Questions

2.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Beaverton, OR) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First interview with the operations manager, and then brought me back the next day to interview with the store manager. Both really nice people, and interview was very laid-back. Be prepared with a resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Spokane, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

I had to interview with the logistics manager first who would be my immediate boss. If that worked out than you have to interview with the store manager. It is possible to do all in one day if both are available.

Interview Questions

• An example of when you had a problem and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Hanover, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

The process was actually pretty quick. I applied on a Sunday and received a phone call 2 hours later to come in that following Tuesday. I got to meet with my direct manager, then I did well enough to move on to the store manager who was extremely nice and straight forward about what they are looking for. Afterwards, I was asked to come back that Thursday to meet with the HR partner and if things went well, I could expect a phone call. I was nervous but I did my best with the HR partner and she was such a pleasant person to talk to. I was sent an email the next day to do an online background consent authorization and that following Monday, I received the call that I was chosen for the position. I felt extremely honored because the store really seems together and professional.

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Phila, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an email informing me of a group interview. I did not attend but I received a call from the store manager scheduling an interview days later. I had an interview wit the store manager and the merchandising manager. I was then scheduled for an interview with the RVP of the region. After my final interview I received a call from the store manager and was told I had the job.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. How would I manage and motivate coworkers. How to promote a culture of good customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Holyoke, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

Manager allowed me to have an interview after submitting online application. He asked about how would I approach my team members being above them. He also asked how would I handle difficult situations. The biggest challenge he described was handling my team members if I got hired,I would have to get them motivated and make them do their assignments without being harsh. He loved me and my strong personality, saying I was responsible, mature and seemed like I could handle anything. I have prior experience working in customer service etc. Anyways, I thought I was totally going to get it.Untill dum dum dum........the HR manager wanted to interview me...but no, apparently my availability was not enough for them (and I had a lot of availiblity) That was just an excuse I believe.They probably wanted someone with more retail experience and a degree for that position who knows.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

They wanted a background check. I didn't get the supervisor position, but the nice manager who loved me said I could work as an associate. For me, 8$ an hour in retail, not worth it, and a background check? not for me.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Charlotte, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with three different types of managers on different days. They asked the usual questions about working in retail or with customer service. During the interview process they tell you about all the advancements that the company offers and have you believing that there are lots of opportunities within. That is not the case.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example when you went above and beyond to offer top customer service to a customer in the past? Can you tell us how you would handle an irate customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Cleveland, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

It was easy general question, the managers were very friendly, they made you feel comfortable soon as you walked in the door. Wear casual clothes with a tie and well fitted clothes. When you made a mistake they understand that you will be nervous

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Gainesville, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and interviewed through a job fair. I spent about 3 minutes with the initial interviewer asking the basic questions about experience, what did I know about the company, things like that. Based on my experience, I was sent on to the next person to be interviewed in more detail, which was more in depth as to my skills as a supervisor. There were a LOT of people there who did the basic interview and were not asked to speak with anyone else. I guess they didn't make the grade.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Burlington? Though I expected that question, there were a lot of people who didn't. They were just there for the job fair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Atlanta, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

it was easy because i was already an employee of the company, managers already were aware of my abilities to produce results so getting in the door for a higher role was simple

Interview Questions

• how well are you with leading people   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Portland, OR) in May 2015.

Interview

They had 2, but will not well qualified candidates, the management was all about a month old , and coming back to meet the manager whom was below the store manager seemed backward to me, tho I was offered the job, then they told me I'd had been better off as a cashier because they got full time with less pay, seems wrong in My eyes