Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 22, 2018

2.5

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stores Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I applied through their website and a member of the HR Team reached out to me via e-mail to schedule a telephone screening. I replied 3x and the representative went completely silent, despite actively posting other positions on their LinkedIn profile. Seemed a bit unprofessional and time wasting.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Orlando, FL).

Interview

Phone interview with guy from corporate and 2 store managers . Was horrible felt like I was on trial . If treated like that on the phone can't imagine how they treat there associates

Stock Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Interview was good got to learn more about the job. To me just stay to yourself and do your best every time. The hiring manager was an good talker and she get straight down to business.

Interview Questions

• My name, where did you last work and I got the job.   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in December 2017.

Interview

4 Hours long consisting of an introduction/group exercise followed by 4 consecutive interviews and a 45 min. shadowing session. 3 interviews were normal if not pleasant but the third one was rather unusual. Made me wait outside his office for five minutes with the guide while he attended to other unscheduled business. He then preceded to interview me without having looked over my resume. The entire interview was spent with me explaining the entire thing to him and him asking me about projects and my thoughts on other retailers instead of my experience. Every answer I gave he seemed quite displeased with despite the fact that I had done my research prior. He asked me about my flaws and never asked me about what I could bring to the company so it seemed he made up his mind already. I got the call three days later that they would not be offering me the position despite the fact that they had stressed to me that there were positions open for everyone. When I asked where I had performed poorly the woman on the phone could not collect her thoughts and told me she would have to call me back with the interviewers feedback...Which she still has not done. The whole thing seemed somewhat shady and really left a negative impression of a decent company. It's a shame since everyone except the one man seemed very friendly. Not sure what they are looking for since they are incapable of offering feedback.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Austell, GA) in December 2017.

Interview

had a phone interview, assessment and skills test then met with store manager and then department manager and they spoke to me more for a management role than a sales floor associate

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Arrived 5 minutes early, the manager took me to the back and asked a list of basic questions. It took maybe 15 minutes. The questions were mainly about if I had any goals and any experience I had that could be applied to the job

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The Burlington coat factory in union square made me wait an hour. Interviewing me late. My interview was at 2pm and I didn’t get called in until 3pm. There were a bunch of people waiting at well. They didn’t ask question all they said was what is your availability. Now before I was called for this interview I made it very clear on what my availability is. I could not work Saturday and Monday due to college. When they called me up all they said was “we see you are unavailable on Saturday. Is there anyway you can change it?” When I said no clearly stating why and how I stated before why I can not they told me I can’t work here. They wasted my time and money traveling over here. Worst interview I have ever experienced. Why call me to see if I can change that wen I clearly stated before having this face to face interview?

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avondale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Avondale, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

They contacted me about a week after I applied. However when I went in for the interview they asked me to change my availability to completely open Monday through Sunday otherwise I could not start the interview or be considered for a position.

Interview Questions

• You have open availability Monday to Saturday, but we need someone with open availability Monday to Sunday, can you open Sunday so we can consider you for this position?   1 Answer

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

The woman interviewing was the same one at the career fair so she was a familiar face and very friendly. Overall good experience and everything happened fast but ultimately didn't get the internship.

Interview Questions

• What 3 traits have you gained from your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

First round in-person interview and a half-day "super day" at the corporate headquarters. The super day included a group exercise, 4 separate employee interviews, and a 45-minute shadow with a current assistant buyer.

Interview Questions

• Review this product. Would you purchase it to sell in stores?   Answer Question