Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

544 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initial interview with territory recruiter. Next interview was in person with regional hr manager and regional operations manager. Final was with regional vice president. All standard interviews. All of the questions were standard to what the position requires.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience makes you the right candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

Your going to possibly interview with up to 7 individuals asking situational, behavior and outcome line of questions to determine your leadership style. All interviewers are pleasant and really emphasizes on connecting with you.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

I got called about a week after I applied. I came in for an interview I believe the next day and was told at the end of the interview to look for a background check in my e-mail. I did the background check and passed and was told that I'd be getting something else in my e-mail pertaining to the whole proving you can work in the U.S. I never received the e-mail. I got the background check and should have had no problem receiving the other e-mail. I called the store and was told repeatedly that the e-mail was sent out by H.R. I asked after at least I think a week if they can just phone H.R. and have them re-send the e-mail and they said, "No," which to me sounded odd. I eventually told them that I have never encountered this kind of problem with any company I have applied to. It was so ridiculous that I started wondering if they were lying and just didn't want to hire me because my work schedule. Assistant managers/store managers are always able to contact H.R. and have them re-send things or have H.R. give them permission to print the document off to sign in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and what you did about it.   1 Answer
    • I was asked about my work schedule. It said on their web site that they are flexible but it certainly did not seem that way when I had my interview.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

it was over skype. didn't take long the question were not hard. regular situational questions such as what did you do in this situation walk us through why you chose that and what were the results. since i was from college we talked a lot about what was on my resume and my experience i had in leadership .

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online to a new store that was going to be opening soon. 1-2 days later I got a phone call inviting me to an interview. The lady read questions off a piece of paper. They were standard and basic. The availability was a bit of a problem for me. I can only work weekdays, but the lady said I would be required to work some weekends. She told me I could request off if I needed a weekend or two off. I personally didn't like it, but I accepted it because I needed a job. If anything, I would just look for something else while working at Burlington. I basically got hired on the spot. She gave me my orientation and training dates and said she would email me a background check form for me to fill out.
     Personally, I felt like the lady didn't really care what my answers were. She just needed people for the new store.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Flint, MI).

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager and than Regional Manager. While I was offered the position right away, the district manager lost my application, twice. It took almost a month before I actually started.

Interview Questions

• About previous experience, a lot of time spent on customer service and problem solving   Answer Question

Merchandising Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Stockton, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

It was very easy. I applied online on the 21th and got called for an interview on the 27th. The manager really liked my personality and did not ask me any questions relating to the store. I got hired that day.

I would like to add that the break room needs to be clean up..and some of the workers there are very sketchy.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

Burlington applications were extremely long drawn out applications. If you apply for a store based positron you will have to take a test to see if you qualify, the majority of this year is questions like: "I have never broken a rule: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree" or "I sometimes misplace things: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree." If you don't pass this test, you'll never even be called to interview. I have worked for Marshalls for quite a few years and was told I did not pass the test (I wasn't supposed to be told that). So ending, they rather employees who can pass a test more than ones who have actually proven the job at another off price retailer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Three step interview: First you interview with direct supervisor, then the regional manager, and finally with the store manager. Sometimes you may get away with only interviewing with two of them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a point in time when you were able to bring a confrontational situation to a controlled situation by thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR, progressed to two phone interviews with current store managers and then a final interview with the rvp. Found out at the end that they have zero vacation. 5 sick days, 6 floating holidays and then 5 days that they give back to you after they make you work 6 days a week during 4th quarter.