Burlington Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

1.6

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The Burlington coat factory in union square made me wait an hour. Interviewing me late. My interview was at 2pm and I didn’t get called in until 3pm. There were a bunch of people waiting at well. They didn’t ask question all they said was what is your availability. Now before I was called for this interview I made it very clear on what my availability is. I could not work Saturday and Monday due to college. When they called me up all they said was “we see you are unavailable on Saturday. Is there anyway you can change it?” When I said no clearly stating why and how I stated before why I can not they told me I can’t work here. They wasted my time and money traveling over here. Worst interview I have ever experienced. Why call me to see if I can change that wen I clearly stated before having this face to face interview?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

The interview went great ,the manager at the time made me feel very comfortable and she had a spunk to her ,the process went smoothly peice of cake I got hired on the spot .

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions it was pretty easy!!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Patchogue, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Patchogue, NY).

Interview

I had applied online and received a call within a few days to set up an interview. The interview was very quick as I've had years of experience. I was only asked about availability and past experience. They gave me a rundown on the job description and told me if I passed the background check that I had the job. No drug test. Also wear all black to the interview. That is their dress code so you will already look the part.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

They called me into the managers office. I sat and was asked a list of general questions. The manager was nice but short so it was hard to read his reactions. overall it was a fair interview.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online to a new store that was going to be opening soon. 1-2 days later I got a phone call inviting me to an interview. The lady read questions off a piece of paper. They were standard and basic. The availability was a bit of a problem for me. I can only work weekdays, but the lady said I would be required to work some weekends. She told me I could request off if I needed a weekend or two off. I personally didn't like it, but I accepted it because I needed a job. If anything, I would just look for something else while working at Burlington. I basically got hired on the spot. She gave me my orientation and training dates and said she would email me a background check form for me to fill out.
     Personally, I felt like the lady didn't really care what my answers were. She just needed people for the new store.

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Lawrenceville, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

"Open interview" (gahhh) You go into the break room where the other employees are and sign your name on a paper. Then wait around forever for a manager to come interview you. Awkward.

Interview Questions

• Are you interviewing at other places than this one? Have you had any other offers?   1 Answer

Cashier-Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and called to check my application the next day. The manager said he haven't pulled any applications yet and that he will be pulling them the next day. Just so happen the next day he called me in for a interview scheduled 2days later. I went and did a 1 on 1 interview with the same guy on the phone. It was very quick he asked about past employers and why I left and he asked me some behavioral questions. He offered me a position and said he will send me a form through email to fill out for a background check. Then he will call me once it come back to set up a training day. They look for people with customer service etiquette and great attitudes. They don't offer many hours or pay much, it's a job for like students, retired people, and homebound moms.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to take initiative?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2016.

Interview

Group Interview was cool. I enjoyed the short process. A fee people was returning employees . That was my first and only retail job. If asked to return I would definitely do so and would like FT

Interview Questions

• Did I want to train same day   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

just answered a few basic questions
    Had to wait about 30 mins for interview to start
    Interviewed in the break room which was so dirty flies everywhere and tv was as loud as it could be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cutler Bay, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Cutler Bay, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Our new Cutler Bay Burlington held a Job Fair that had interviewees waiting outside in long lines in 90 degree weather. This was very unprofessional of them from the beginning. Didn't inform me that I had to be 18, when my application said 16 minimum age. If they're going to have an age minimum, they should've made it consistent across all of their platforms. And I know I was likely more qualified than most who applied. Very Disappointing.