Burlington Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

1.7

Cashier-Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and called to check my application the next day. The manager said he haven't pulled any applications yet and that he will be pulling them the next day. Just so happen the next day he called me in for a interview scheduled 2days later. I went and did a 1 on 1 interview with the same guy on the phone. It was very quick he asked about past employers and why I left and he asked me some behavioral questions. He offered me a position and said he will send me a form through email to fill out for a background check. Then he will call me once it come back to set up a training day. They look for people with customer service etiquette and great attitudes. They don't offer many hours or pay much, it's a job for like students, retired people, and homebound moms.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to take initiative?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

just answered a few basic questions
    Had to wait about 30 mins for interview to start
    Interviewed in the break room which was so dirty flies everywhere and tv was as loud as it could be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cutler Bay, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Cutler Bay, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Our new Cutler Bay Burlington held a Job Fair that had interviewees waiting outside in long lines in 90 degree weather. This was very unprofessional of them from the beginning. Didn't inform me that I had to be 18, when my application said 16 minimum age. If they're going to have an age minimum, they should've made it consistent across all of their platforms. And I know I was likely more qualified than most who applied. Very Disappointing.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2016.

Interview

Very mechanical in nature. It was for a new store opening and they held a mass three day interview process. First you apply online fill out standard application. Personality test took approximately 45 minutes online. Next day I got a call for an interview. It was held at Phoenix @work building. I spoke one on one with a hiring manager, which took 10-15 min. Never got a call back. It was an annoying process for such a simple retail job. As a veteran and a psychology major I thought I had a good chance but, I guess they wanted store experience vs people experience. Pay would have been $10.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

I applied online recieved a phone call a week later to set up an interview. It was a 2:1 interview with the store manager and assistant manager. Quick and easy interview.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

It was very basic questions. The person doing the interview was pretty nice and very detailed on the position. I got hired before I left but it took them awhile for them to get back to me on the drug test and things I had to contact them back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Whittier, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group interview and we all were asked only 2 questions each and for the rest of the time the interviewer just told us about the company and the job we had all applied for and what it consisted of.

Interview Questions

• In the past how did you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2016.

Interview

went on website and did an online application after application I was prompt to do two tests which was about 150 questions total next day I attended a job fair for an interview.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose Burlington coat factory?
      how would you handle an unhappy guest?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Katy, TX).

Interview

went fast there's no training you get trained on the computer but its easy to use register and if you need more help co workers will help seems hard but one you get the hang of it its very easy you Also clean up at the end of the night takes about 2hours depending on how much help you get picking up and putting close back up.

Interview Questions

• Just the normal question a manager would ask went fast about 20 mins in a group orientation on comlmputer takes a whole day or two   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't waste your time if you're looking for a full time job

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy took me in a room and gave me a run down of the job, told me the hours that the job needed and let me know that I had to to a background check