Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

1.9

Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewater Park, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Edgewater Park, NJ) in September 2014.

Interview

You are first screened on campus or over the phone by an HR representative. It last twenty to thirty minutes and you are asked the standard behavioral interview questions. The second interview is more formal and occurs at the company site. The process is a day-long, round-robin interview. You interview with between six and eight directors, vice presidents, and senior vice presidents that you would work with in Supply Chain for roughly a half an hour each.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cutler Bay, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Cutler Bay, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Our new Cutler Bay Burlington held a Job Fair that had interviewees waiting outside in long lines in 90 degree weather. This was very unprofessional of them from the beginning. Didn't inform me that I had to be 18, when my application said 16 minimum age. If they're going to have an age minimum, they should've made it consistent across all of their platforms. And I know I was likely more qualified than most who applied. Very Disappointing.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of three hour plus long phone interviews. The hiring manager was experienced and professional. In addition there were several internet assessments. The assessments included personality and leadership type questions. Also included in the assessment were some very tough math, charting and algebraic type questions. Additional phone interviews were with market HR and market operations manager.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were not hard but the on-line assessment was very difficult.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They met my salary

Entry-level Buying Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Florence, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview was on campus. It was 30 minutes with general questions. Final interview was on-site and consisted of one team exercise followed by four 30-minute back to back interviews with various executives throughout the company and the opportunity to shadow one lower level employee from the company to see what the day to day activities include.

Interview Questions

• What is some criticism you received from a past manager?   Answer Question

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hialeah, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Hialeah, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Brutal they ask questions that dint had anything to do with job related ,to many people asking one question after another questions .not enough time to cached your breath or to react to the next question .very rough.

Interview Questions

• everything you can imagine.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in May 2015.

Interview

First you have a phone screening with recruiter then if fit what they are looking for you will be scheduled for a phone interview with Recruiter. After you "pass" that interview you meet with RVP and ROM for 1 on 1 interview. Then you will be scheduled for Phone interview with HR and then a final interview with SVP. You will have to take an assessment before your first interview, it will take you a couple hours. Some math questions, so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What would your team from current/previous job say about your leadership style? What would they say that they would want to change or don't like about your leadership style?   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in May 2011.

Interview

Met with several leaders in Human Resources. Met with the hiring manager first and then the VP Benefits & Compensation. When I returned for my second interview I met with the hiring manager again and then the VP Talent Acquisition and the EVP of Human Resources! I was really pleased that I was able to meet with so many leaders on the team to get a very good picture of the culture and upcoming initiatives.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when you had a very complex associate relations issue and what steps you took to resolve the associates concerns.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a program you implemented and the time and action for implementation.   1 Answer
    • What recognition programs do you offer associates at your current job?   1 Answer
    • How do you measure turnover and what measures are you taking to reduce turnover?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Murrieta, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Meh. It was a group interview and the interviewer spent more time telling us what we did wrong rather than actually asking us questions. He told us we should have brought documents of proof on our schooling and awards and that we should have done more research on the company. I suppose I didn't take the interview too seriously and that is my fault.

Interview Questions

• A woman and her children come into the store asking for a refund on a product they bought many months ago. It is past the date of the refund policy. Also, the price has gone up and she wants to be refunded for the new, higher price. What do you say?   Answer Question

Facilities Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merchantville, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Merchantville, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

After you submit your resume HR calls you if they think you are qualified for the position. During that call they go over your qualifications and the proceed to setup a phone interview for management to contact you. Once management calls you they proceed with the interview by going over your resume and qualifications. Then they continue on by asking ridiculous questions that they are choosing from a pool of questions probably received from HR.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would multitask?
      Give me an example of how you would prioritize?
      1 Answer

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ).

Interview

The recruiting process began on-campus, and from there applicants were contacted with an interview at the career center. After that interview, applicants were brought on-site to have three back-to-back interviews (no, they had not told us this!) with VP's of different offices of the workplace. Each of these interviews was one-on-one with that VP, who explained what they did in the company and then graded the potential interns on a measurement scale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the brands you commonly see at Burlington Coat Factory.   Answer Question