Burlington Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Sales Associate/Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cutler Bay, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Cutler Bay, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Our new Cutler Bay Burlington held a Job Fair that had interviewees waiting outside in long lines in 90 degree weather. This was very unprofessional of them from the beginning. Didn't inform me that I had to be 18, when my application said 16 minimum age. If they're going to have an age minimum, they should've made it consistent across all of their platforms. And I know I was likely more qualified than most who applied. Very Disappointing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

just answered a few basic questions
    Had to wait about 30 mins for interview to start
    Interviewed in the break room which was so dirty flies everywhere and tv was as loud as it could be

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2016.

Interview

went on website and did an online application after application I was prompt to do two tests which was about 150 questions total next day I attended a job fair for an interview.

Interview Questions

• why did you choose Burlington coat factory?
      how would you handle an unhappy guest?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Whittier, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was a group interview and we all were asked only 2 questions each and for the rest of the time the interviewer just told us about the company and the job we had all applied for and what it consisted of.

Interview Questions

• In the past how did you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

It all went great I aced it until i stood up on my two feet and the interviewer saw that i was pregnant :( that is discrimination. i showed up half hour early along with a smile. I was full of energy and prepared. They were happy I made it everyone was excited. They started showing me where I wuld be training and other places before the interview.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Bakersfield, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

It was with store manager at the time. He was friendly but a little blunt with questioning. He asked me a few questions. Stated that I had quite of few years of experience in customer service. Overall not too nerve breaking of an experience.

Interview Questions

• What was my availability?   1 Answer
    • What position was I interested in?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in June 2015.

Interview

I was sat down and two women interviewed me. It was after my aptitude test I was asked to come in for an interview. They may have asked me to come in because I passed it. The interview did not take long, about twenty minutes. Toward the end of the interview they ask if I could tell a joke. The best part was when I was able to deliver it almost right away.

Anonymous Employee in Lauderdale Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Lauderdale Lakes, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

It went well not asked many question as usual, but of many questions asked some sounded familiar. As for one example, they asked me where do I see myself being along with the company in the next 5-10 years?

Interview Questions

• What is a sales associate   1 Answer
    • In what year were your twin brother and sister born?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well, I threw out a price and they simply started me at minimum wage, to where if I wanted more money I would have too show my abilities too exceed in my position

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (San Jose, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and then was given a call the next day. A few days later I went in for an interview. Th e store manager asked me the usual questions. Like what can you bring to our store? I'm sure I gave your generic self-praising replies I read on Google, but I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Are you the type of person who dances in the center of a party or do you sit on the side?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got called for an interview 2 days later. I scheduled for an interview 4 days after i got the call. The Interview was pretty basic. The Manager was nice. She asked common questions like give an example of previous experience with great customer service. Bad customer service. She said that since I've experienced both good and bad services, i basically know how others would feel if they were to be given such services. Which was a good thing. I was asked mainly about customer service questions. Then we talked about schedules. I had 2 days that I wasn't available anytime and that became a problem i guess. They have an attendance policy that says you need to have at least 9 hours of free time in a day. If you were to call in late 8 times in 3 months, they will have to let you go. she said she would hire me but my schedule had to be set. Ended up not getting back to her about the scheduling. I'm still waiting for another interview result from some place else.

Interview Questions

• What is something about yourself that you think you need to work on/improve?   Answer Question