Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Raleigh, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I was asked a couple questions, then asked about my availability. Nothing too extravagant. Honestly, they probably should have done more. I've seen them do some group interviews as well though.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Flint, MI).

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager and than Regional Manager. While I was offered the position right away, the district manager lost my application, twice. It took almost a month before I actually started.

Interview Questions

• About previous experience, a lot of time spent on customer service and problem solving   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied on-line, they got back to me for an interview. I went to their distribution center and met with a supervisor I would work under. He walked me around the warehouse and explained a bit about what they do and expect. He handed me off to another supervisor who tested my ability to drive a Cherry Picker and a Stand-Up Reach Truck. Once they saw that I was able to drive those machines with no problem, they set me up with a date and time to go to a paid orientation, and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They said most people who don't make it past their probationary period was because of attendance, and would I be able to be there on time every day.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rumford, RI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Rumford, RI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was offered an interview less than a week later. The whole interview itself was 5 minutes. The manager asked one basic question then spent the rest of time explaining the company and duties of the job, they were probably desperate for a position. I got a call back 15 minutes later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR, progressed to two phone interviews with current store managers and then a final interview with the rvp. Found out at the end that they have zero vacation. 5 sick days, 6 floating holidays and then 5 days that they give back to you after they make you work 6 days a week during 4th quarter.

Markdown Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Rochester, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy considering that there were about 6 other people they were interviewing the same day I was. The manager was really nice and she helped to alleviate my nervousness because this was my first time working in retail sales. I have another job but I didn't have to really go through an extensive interview and I already knew everyone there, unlike at Burlington. But it went really well and I heard back from them within a few days.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Hallandale, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called in for a interview about a week after applying online. It was about 30 minutes of being interviewed and after I left i was told I was going to getting a background check and the decision will be made afterwards.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

Burlington applications were extremely long drawn out applications. If you apply for a store based positron you will have to take a test to see if you qualify, the majority of this year is questions like: "I have never broken a rule: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree" or "I sometimes misplace things: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree." If you don't pass this test, you'll never even be called to interview. I have worked for Marshalls for quite a few years and was told I did not pass the test (I wasn't supposed to be told that). So ending, they rather employees who can pass a test more than ones who have actually proven the job at another off price retailer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Three step interview: First you interview with direct supervisor, then the regional manager, and finally with the store manager. Sometimes you may get away with only interviewing with two of them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a point in time when you were able to bring a confrontational situation to a controlled situation by thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Tukwila, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

walk into the managers office, shake hands, sit down, just like any normal interview. they ask you pretty basic questions for a retail position. they ask about your customer service experience and where you're looking to go with the company.