Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 16, 2017

1.9

Stock-Merchandise-Flow Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a week later for an interview. The interview consisted of a 25-30 minute tour of the store by the assistant manager and what the particular position entailed. I was then brought into the store manager’s office where he went over my application and asked me one question “why should I hire you”? Basically, I was hired pending a background check. My background check cleared a few days later and I was set to work.

Receiving Interview

Anonymous Employee in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Slidell, LA).

Interview

Thorough. Explained limited hours. Seemed positive about moving up in the company. Was clear on the limited hours of the position but also said I had to be available up to 2 pm.

Interview Questions

• Availability for 6 am shift   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back to go in the next day at 12. There was other applicants there, I would say about 10. The interviewer gave generic questions, the first being why do you want to work there. Nothing to stress about as I came to find out. The managers were very respectful and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was an appropriate length. From submitting an online application, to emailing directly with a recruiter, to phone screening, finally to a round robin style interview day. The interview day was 9am-1pm. Starting with group discussions, we analyzed how we would rate a sample product on an FQBP scale. Then followed up with 4 individual one-on-one interviews. It was good to get a few different perspectives from representatives all at different stages of their career. For the remainder of the time we shadowed a current assistant buyer and were about to ask any questions with them as well. After concluding the day, we were told we would be notified within two days. I received my offer over the phone two days later and accepted!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Burlington Stores?   Answer Question
    • How does your past experience apply to this position?   1 Answer
    • Who are your biggest fashion influencers?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up with fashion trends?   1 Answer

Customer Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Apply online. Get called in for an interview. Mine was with 2 Managers. They asked several common sense questions and some questions about my past experience. Then explained the wait for the background check and coming in for E Learning.(This time was paid)

Interview Questions

• What do you think is great customer service? Give an example of a problem customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Really easy and was about 5 minutes. After the interview I was offered to work seasonal and was told my salary. They asked simple and rarely easy questions so nothing to nervous over.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call from the Regional Loss Prevention Manager and the Store manager, the Regional LPM told me to set up an interview with the Store Manager, I met up with him and it was very short, after words I got a call from the Regional LPM, who offered me the position.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I immediately contacted the store to set up a interview. Met the store manager. Came back to interview with the direct supervisor. Was offered the position with two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to access a anger customer without losing your composure.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was easy. Typical interview, about 7 questions. Went in the office, had the interview, and right after I was offered the position. They were very quick in responding to my application. It seemed like I was immediately called for an interview without having to check on the status of my application.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Interview

Easy process, applied for the position online on Saturday got a call on Monday to set up an interview the next day . Asked basic customer service question. Not a long interview . 10 mins long.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to this position ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer ?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you made a mistake and took blame for it . what did you do ?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you went above beyond for a customer . what makes you to take the initiative.   Answer Question

Needed a better paying job . 7.75 is hard to live off .