Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

1.9

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ).

Interview

The recruiting process began on-campus, and from there applicants were contacted with an interview at the career center. After that interview, applicants were brought on-site to have three back-to-back interviews (no, they had not told us this!) with VP's of different offices of the workplace. Each of these interviews was one-on-one with that VP, who explained what they did in the company and then graded the potential interns on a measurement scale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the brands you commonly see at Burlington Coat Factory.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks after I spoke to the recruiter, who was one of the nicest people in the company. The rest was back and forth interviewing at different stores before I was made an offer, even though I was already working but just doing a training.

Interview Questions

• One manager was constantly asking the same question as why did I want to Work there, as If he was trying to tell me that it was not a good place for me, but when I turn the question around he had an agenda to leave to another state as a short- long term goal.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What are you salary expectations? I gave a number and they matched it. ( too bad I did not research the position completely, I took a lower than expected for the position.

Customer Service Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Kingsport, TN).

Interview

When I was hired, they did allot of phone interviews. My initial interview was in person but the 2 that followed were done over the phone. This process has changed and all interviews are done face to face.

Interview Questions

• They asked about merchandising and at the time I had been doing merchandising with another retailer for 5 years. It was the hardest question asked but easy for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

1 phone call from a regional manager. We worked everything out on that call.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Was a very professional interview process. Took about a week. Phone interview comes first. Pass that and you're interviewed in person. Pass that and they do a complete background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the start of the process they asked what my salary range is and they met it.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in April 2009.

Interview

very detailed, read from a paper, drilled on previous experience...ask about numbers alot..

Interview Questions

• What was your shrink for the past 3 years and give the plans to reduce it.   Answer Question
    • Give me examples on how you handled a personell issue   Answer Question

not enough pay

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Thorough interview; asked me about my past employment and what I did there and told me a lot about Burlington as well. After initial interview I got a call 2 days later that they were offering me the job once everything came back clear from the background check. Background check came back within 2 days and I received another call from the store manager giving me the job offer and when to come in.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Arrived 5 minutes early, the manager took me to the back and asked a list of basic questions. It took maybe 15 minutes. The questions were mainly about if I had any goals and any experience I had that could be applied to the job

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in September 2017.

Interview

Went to a career fair on campus and talked to a recruiter, got a phone call later that day for an on campus interview. Interview was conversational and was with the recruiter I had met the previous day. I wasn't asked too many behavioral questions, the focus was on my past experiences and interest in the company/industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you maintain good relationships with our vendors based on your past experience/skills?   Answer Question

DC Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Edgewater, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

Professional interview, amicable experience. Interviewers were very succinct and asked the right questions. Also followed up with relevant questions and offered constructive criticism. Offered good advice and wisdom on management techniques

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was about 3 weeks and included three total interviews with regional, district, and store management. Interviewers were very knowledgeable and asked relevant questions. It is important to be passionate and speak from experience when interviewing.

Interview Questions

See What Burlington Stores Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Full Time Customer Service Supervisor in Las Vegas, NV

Pros: “There arw up's and down's at any job you work at. Especially retail! I have been employeed with Burlington 1 year and two weeks. I absolutely love my job and are grateful for my...”“There arw up's and down's at any job you work at. Especially retail! I have been employeed with Burlington 1 year and two weeks. I absolutely love my job and are grateful for my management team. At 00239 we are hands on and always willing to go above and beyond for our Customers as well as each other. The schedule is very flexible. At Burlington we have an open door policy. There are always perks and drawbacks to any job. If you prefer a fast paced, busy and possibly more competitive work environment, like myself. You would do well as an employee at Burlington. One of the best benefits of working at Burlington is, the discount! This can range from 15% to 30%. Saving money is always fun. A discount isn't the only way a retail employee can save some money. When you work in retail you will usually be the one marking down merchandise on a regular basis. Therefore you will be the first to see the best clearance prices and you will know where to find them. This is the perfect job for the style conscious person. This job allows you to keep up with all the latest trends without having to check the magazines. If you need a job with flexible scheduling this is a great way to go! If you work for one of the larger retail stores you will have many co-workers who are usually more than willing to take your shifts or switch shifts with you so you don't have to plan around your job. As long as you give enough notice, Burlington will have no problem giving you certain days off as long as the day you are requesting is not a busy holiday or you can find someone to cover for you. Shifts are often only 3-8 hours long so you may find that even on days you work you will still have almost the whole day to do whatever you please. Again, this company will allow you to advance based on hard work and dedication and not who worked there longer. I love my job! I will make it to management and with continually working hard and applying myself. I'm almost certain following our core values will take me there. Team #239” – Full Review