Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.0

Buying Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ).

Interview

The recruiting process began on-campus, and from there applicants were contacted with an interview at the career center. After that interview, applicants were brought on-site to have three back-to-back interviews (no, they had not told us this!) with VP's of different offices of the workplace. Each of these interviews was one-on-one with that VP, who explained what they did in the company and then graded the potential interns on a measurement scale.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the brands you commonly see at Burlington Coat Factory.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks after I spoke to the recruiter, who was one of the nicest people in the company. The rest was back and forth interviewing at different stores before I was made an offer, even though I was already working but just doing a training.

Interview Questions

• One manager was constantly asking the same question as why did I want to Work there, as If he was trying to tell me that it was not a good place for me, but when I turn the question around he had an agenda to leave to another state as a short- long term goal.   1 Answer

Negotiation

What are you salary expectations? I gave a number and they matched it. ( too bad I did not research the position completely, I took a lower than expected for the position.

Customer Service Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingsport, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Kingsport, TN).

Interview

When I was hired, they did allot of phone interviews. My initial interview was in person but the 2 that followed were done over the phone. This process has changed and all interviews are done face to face.

Interview Questions

• They asked about merchandising and at the time I had been doing merchandising with another retailer for 5 years. It was the hardest question asked but easy for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

1 phone call from a regional manager. We worked everything out on that call.

Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Was a very professional interview process. Took about a week. Phone interview comes first. Pass that and you're interviewed in person. Pass that and they do a complete background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

At the start of the process they asked what my salary range is and they met it.

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in April 2009.

Interview

very detailed, read from a paper, drilled on previous experience...ask about numbers alot..

Interview Questions

• What was your shrink for the past 3 years and give the plans to reduce it.   Answer Question
    • Give me examples on how you handled a personell issue   Answer Question

not enough pay

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2013.

Interview

I filled out the application online and received a phone interview a month later. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was asked the standard interview questions then was offered the job about a week after the interview.

Stock Merchandise Flow Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Mill, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Windsor Mill, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Went in for an open interview after calling the store, was not really that much harder than I initially thought though. Very much suprised that It was not difficult. Hope to see mote of this.

Receiving S Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cathedral City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Cathedral City, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the store manager. The focus was more on character and values the manager wanted the right fit. The interview was professional but relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you provided excellent customer service and you went above and beyond to help out a customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I applied online and then followed up in person since I was referred by a friend who works there. I was interviewed by the assistant manager and she printed my application and asked me very typical interview questions. She sent me a link to my e-mail for a background check which I filled out and once that was done I was called in for orientation.

Assistant Buyer Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied and heard back about the interview quickly becuase they were having on-campus interviews the next week. I was told I would hear back a week after the interview and still haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you didn't get along with a coworker   Answer Question