Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.0

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got called in for an group interview. We went in a circle saying our answers to one of many managers questions. Towards the end of the interview she let us know she'd be in contact with us. Sure enough, the next day, she let me know I was hired and sent me the hiring packet via email.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?
      What are you weakness'?
      Why Burlington?

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewater Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Edgewater Park, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

The interviewers were very friendly, and asked straight forward questions, as well as reviewed my work history. Everyone was very easy to talk to, and overall it was a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as your strength to bring to a team dynamic?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I immediately contacted the store to set up a interview. Met the store manager. Came back to interview with the direct supervisor. Was offered the position with two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to access a anger customer without losing your composure.   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin about buying opportunities. I had my initial phone screening at the end of April and from that point had 4 in person interviews over the course of the next 3 months in both NY and at the Corporate Office in Burlington, NJ. After my last interview I was contacted by email saying that everyone enjoyed meeting me and that they would like to keep in touch over the next several weeks as there were no current positions open. Needless to say I have never heard back from anyone at the organization.

Overall I was very disappointed at how I was treated after the lengthy interview process. At minimum I was owed a phone call from the recruiter to be told they wouldn't be moving forward with me as a candidate vs leading me to believe I still had a chance. I allocated time and money to the process and should have been treated appropriately.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest mistake you have made as a buyer.
      Describe your leadership style.
      Why are you interested in the Burlington organization.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Independence, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Independence, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Completed my application online a couple of days received a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with the district manager, store manager and assistant manager. After the district manager showed us around the store

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was an appropriate length. From submitting an online application, to emailing directly with a recruiter, to phone screening, finally to a round robin style interview day. The interview day was 9am-1pm. Starting with group discussions, we analyzed how we would rate a sample product on an FQBP scale. Then followed up with 4 individual one-on-one interviews. It was good to get a few different perspectives from representatives all at different stages of their career. For the remainder of the time we shadowed a current assistant buyer and were about to ask any questions with them as well. After concluding the day, we were told we would be notified within two days. I received my offer over the phone two days later and accepted!

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for Burlington Stores?   Answer Question
    • How does your past experience apply to this position?   1 Answer
    • Who are your biggest fashion influencers?   1 Answer
    • How do you keep up with fashion trends?   1 Answer

Markdown Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people. Basically the first one asked questions and if she liked me i was moved on to talk with another person, that asked almost the same questions. I was hired on the spot and sent to talk to the human resource lady.

Corporate Non Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Florence, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager
    Interview with team (2 managers, VP, future colleagues)
    Final Interview with Hiring Manager
    Very well organized interview process. Great communication from HR on details of the day
    Background Check
    Reference Check

Interview Questions

• Wanting to learn more about your background
      Core Values
      Knowledge of Burlington Stores
      How do you work within a team environment?

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in April 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair and handed in my resume after a quick conversation about my background. The company followed up with a phone screen which consisted of mostly behavioral questions. I was then invited for on-site interviews and spoke with four employees in different areas over a span of two hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked what type of worker I am, if I am team-oriented or individual.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Goodyear, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was overall different than the average interview at Burlington would be. Since my store was brand new- they were hiring a lot of people so we could help in the process of setting up and putting out the merchandise. So how it went was that you go in to a room when you were called, and there were many little tables. So initially you were being interviewed with other people in the same room but still being interviewed one on one. You would sit with the person who was interviewing you, and if they liked you they would send you to a different room to wait to receive your second interview. As far as I know, you could only make it up to three interviews. But I made it to only two and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to this job?   1 Answer