Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

1.9

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a quick response from a recruiter. After a few follow up emails I was able to get a hold of the recruiter and had a phone interview. I was invited to visit their office for a in-person interview. During the four hours you have an company introduction, group interview, one on one (robin style) interviews with VPs and the recruiters. Lastly you get to shadow and assistant buyer. Once the time was up everyone gets together again to conclude. A few days later the recruiter calls to give you an offer or feedback. Everything is highly organized and the process is very long... PATIENCE! I would suggest having the interview not be so repetitive because every person is asking the same questions over and over again.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initial interview with territory recruiter. Next interview was in person with regional hr manager and regional operations manager. Final was with regional vice president. All standard interviews. All of the questions were standard to what the position requires.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience makes you the right candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

Your going to possibly interview with up to 7 individuals asking situational, behavior and outcome line of questions to determine your leadership style. All interviewers are pleasant and really emphasizes on connecting with you.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Flint, MI).

Interview

Interviewed with Store Manager, District Manager and than Regional Manager. While I was offered the position right away, the district manager lost my application, twice. It took almost a month before I actually started.

Interview Questions

• About previous experience, a lot of time spent on customer service and problem solving   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in July 2017.

Interview

Received a phone call from HR, progressed to two phone interviews with current store managers and then a final interview with the rvp. Found out at the end that they have zero vacation. 5 sick days, 6 floating holidays and then 5 days that they give back to you after they make you work 6 days a week during 4th quarter.

Markdown Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Rochester, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy considering that there were about 6 other people they were interviewing the same day I was. The manager was really nice and she helped to alleviate my nervousness because this was my first time working in retail sales. I have another job but I didn't have to really go through an extensive interview and I already knew everyone there, unlike at Burlington. But it went really well and I heard back from them within a few days.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Hallandale, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called in for a interview about a week after applying online. It was about 30 minutes of being interviewed and after I left i was told I was going to getting a background check and the decision will be made afterwards.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

Burlington applications were extremely long drawn out applications. If you apply for a store based positron you will have to take a test to see if you qualify, the majority of this year is questions like: "I have never broken a rule: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree" or "I sometimes misplace things: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree." If you don't pass this test, you'll never even be called to interview. I have worked for Marshalls for quite a few years and was told I did not pass the test (I wasn't supposed to be told that). So ending, they rather employees who can pass a test more than ones who have actually proven the job at another off price retailer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Three step interview: First you interview with direct supervisor, then the regional manager, and finally with the store manager. Sometimes you may get away with only interviewing with two of them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a point in time when you were able to bring a confrontational situation to a controlled situation by thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Modesto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first applied online and then I went through two in-person interviews before I had got the job. The interview was fast and simple. Very thankful that I was one of the many that was chosen to gain first time experience in help building the company.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good worker?   1 Answer