Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

1.9

Human Resources Director Interview

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Recruiter was extremely nice. Once passed on to a business partner, had a great conversation only to find out that I didn't get the job. No reason told why. Also interviewer forgot me in interview room. Stayed there for an hour after interview. Beautiful new building.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very quick only about 30 minutes (there were other applicants getting interviewed).I was asked basic questions about my skills and my previous work experience. I was also given a scenario and had to respond to how I would handle the scenario.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

Filed out on online call 2 days after in for a interview it was pretty standard hiring process was sent a email for the rest of the paperwork had to file it out and send it back was told to come back in and sign last paperwork it was a pretty good prosess

Interview Questions

• Simple questions why would you be a good fit   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

just answered a few basic questions
    Had to wait about 30 mins for interview to start
    Interviewed in the break room which was so dirty flies everywhere and tv was as loud as it could be

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cutler Bay, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Cutler Bay, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

Our new Cutler Bay Burlington held a Job Fair that had interviewees waiting outside in long lines in 90 degree weather. This was very unprofessional of them from the beginning. Didn't inform me that I had to be 18, when my application said 16 minimum age. If they're going to have an age minimum, they should've made it consistent across all of their platforms. And I know I was likely more qualified than most who applied. Very Disappointing.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Within 2 days the manager called me. We set up an interview and when I went in everyone made me feel at home. The interview was short but it was one that I'm not used to because it was mostly the manager talking about the company the interview questions were easy but unusual for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about these last two jobs on your application and what it is that you did   1 Answer
    • tell me about your self. what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If your looking for hours and full time.. probably not the place for you. I like that it's flexible. Also you start at 8.50 until 6 month anniversary then bump up to 9 an hour

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2016.

Interview

Very mechanical in nature. It was for a new store opening and they held a mass three day interview process. First you apply online fill out standard application. Personality test took approximately 45 minutes online. Next day I got a call for an interview. It was held at Phoenix @work building. I spoke one on one with a hiring manager, which took 10-15 min. Never got a call back. It was an annoying process for such a simple retail job. As a veteran and a psychology major I thought I had a good chance but, I guess they wanted store experience vs people experience. Pay would have been $10.

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Austell, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Quick interview, Store manager and Assistant manager present during interview. Asks basic interview questions from their manual and some other questions they may have for you. Starts you off at 8.00 no negotiations. Will get a raise after 6 months of being with the company

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Goodyear, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was overall different than the average interview at Burlington would be. Since my store was brand new- they were hiring a lot of people so we could help in the process of setting up and putting out the merchandise. So how it went was that you go in to a room when you were called, and there were many little tables. So initially you were being interviewed with other people in the same room but still being interviewed one on one. You would sit with the person who was interviewing you, and if they liked you they would send you to a different room to wait to receive your second interview. As far as I know, you could only make it up to three interviews. But I made it to only two and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to this job?   1 Answer

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Florence, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

First I was contacted via LinkedIn by a Burlington Talent Acquisition Specialist. I did not solicit for the position, someone found me online and contacted me cold, which was strange but also gratifying. Once I agreed to an initial interview, there were three rounds. First a phone interview/screening with the Talent Acquisition team. In this interview the TA specialist asked me very general questions, like: "What is your work style?", "How do you collaborate with peers?", and "Tell me about one difficult situation you had to resolve in the past." I got a follow-up email from the TA specialist the next day to schedule a face-to-face interview with the manager of Learning and Development. This interview was by far the most intense. The manager of L&D asked me a wide range of questions specifically around instructional design, technical capacity, and adult learning theory. This also included a brief presentation of a sample of work. Finally, I was scheduled for a face-to-face with the VP of Learning and Organizational Development and a Senior VP of Human Resources. These interviews were more geared toward judging personality and communication skills, as well as laying out Burlington culture and values to gauge whether or not I would be a good fit in the team and vice versa. This was followed with an offer and a negotiation of salary. Grand total the process took about one month.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with learning technologies?   1 Answer
    • What theories of adult learning and online course design do you subscribe to most?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle difficult situations?   1 Answer