Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

1.9

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Hallandale, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was called in for a interview about a week after applying online. It was about 30 minutes of being interviewed and after I left i was told I was going to getting a background check and the decision will be made afterwards.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Marlton, NJ).

Interview

Burlington applications were extremely long drawn out applications. If you apply for a store based positron you will have to take a test to see if you qualify, the majority of this year is questions like: "I have never broken a rule: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree" or "I sometimes misplace things: Strongly Disagree, Slightly Disagree, In Between, Slightly Agree, or Strongly Agree." If you don't pass this test, you'll never even be called to interview. I have worked for Marshalls for quite a few years and was told I did not pass the test (I wasn't supposed to be told that). So ending, they rather employees who can pass a test more than ones who have actually proven the job at another off price retailer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Three step interview: First you interview with direct supervisor, then the regional manager, and finally with the store manager. Sometimes you may get away with only interviewing with two of them.

Interview Questions

• Describe a point in time when you were able to bring a confrontational situation to a controlled situation by thinking outside of the box.   Answer Question

Merchandise Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Modesto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first applied online and then I went through two in-person interviews before I had got the job. The interview was fast and simple. Very thankful that I was one of the many that was chosen to gain first time experience in help building the company.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a good worker?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in June 2016.

Interview

2 interviews, one with store manager of store you apply to, one interview with regional LP manager who ultimately makes the decision to hire or not. one day of computer training, 6 days of training with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Asked about previous experience, what would you do situations, availability, basic questions.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Had to go through 7....that is SEVEN interviews to get the position. Last 2 were in person, all others via phone.
    I applied for an ASM position, that I was overqualified for, but thought I would get my name in the hat in case there was something open I was not aware of. Turned out that local store manager was moving & his position had not even been posted yet, so when he did his interview, he passed on to the HR, etc. that I should have his job. Then the interview process picked up from there for the Store Manager position.

Inbound Transportation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edgewater Park, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Edgewater Park, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

Jumped though the usual hoops when dealing with a big company. Went through the levels of telephone interview calls and then a face to face in corporate. At the end of it all they gave me a baloney reason why they didn't want to hire me. Glad I didn't get it. Everyone seemed like a bunch of corporate robots there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the position, and then about two and a half weeks later received a phone call asking if I was still interested. I was asked to come in at 1:30, and then once I got there was asked to wait on a bench by the front door of the store. My interviewer was about 20 minutes late, though he did apologize for it.

The actual interview was pretty standard, if a bit perfunctory. My interviewer asked me a few questions, then talked about the store and how things worked. I asked a few questions about scheduling and dress code, which he answered. It was a little impersonal, but I could understand given that I was the second to the last interview that this man had, and he had been doing interviews for three days at that point.

Overall, it wasn't the best interview I've ever had, but it wasn't the worst. It was informative, and I walked out with a very good idea of what I would be signing on to if I said yes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2013.

Interview

I filled out the application online and received a phone interview a month later. After the phone interview I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I was asked the standard interview questions then was offered the job about a week after the interview.

Stock Merchandise Flow Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor Mill, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Windsor Mill, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Went in for an open interview after calling the store, was not really that much harder than I initially thought though. Very much suprised that It was not difficult. Hope to see mote of this.