Burlington Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.0

Markdown Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 people. Basically the first one asked questions and if she liked me i was moved on to talk with another person, that asked almost the same questions. I was hired on the spot and sent to talk to the human resource lady.

Corporate Non Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Florence, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager
    Interview with team (2 managers, VP, future colleagues)
    Final Interview with Hiring Manager
    Very well organized interview process. Great communication from HR on details of the day
    Background Check
    Reference Check

Interview Questions

• Wanting to learn more about your background
      Core Values
      Knowledge of Burlington Stores
      How do you work within a team environment?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in April 2016.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a career fair and handed in my resume after a quick conversation about my background. The company followed up with a phone screen which consisted of mostly behavioral questions. I was then invited for on-site interviews and spoke with four employees in different areas over a span of two hours.

Interview Questions

• They asked what type of worker I am, if I am team-oriented or individual.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Goodyear, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

The process was overall different than the average interview at Burlington would be. Since my store was brand new- they were hiring a lot of people so we could help in the process of setting up and putting out the merchandise. So how it went was that you go in to a room when you were called, and there were many little tables. So initially you were being interviewed with other people in the same room but still being interviewed one on one. You would sit with the person who was interviewing you, and if they liked you they would send you to a different room to wait to receive your second interview. As far as I know, you could only make it up to three interviews. But I made it to only two and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to this job?   1 Answer

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Talk in detail about previous experience in sales and also experience while working on a team. Behavioral based questions, they were really nice to talk to. It was a Skype interview where I talked to 5-6 current employees who have been with the company for a long time.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time you worked on a team and what was the result   Answer Question

Buying Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Burlington, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Meet with recruiters (if in college), Apply online, phone interview in some cases, maybe even skype interview, in person interviews at corporate (4, 30 minute interviews), call back within a few days

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edgewater Park, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Edgewater Park, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview process. There were 2 rounds. 1st round was on campus interview with just behavioral questions, 2nd round was at Edgewater Park to interview with the team you'd be working with. For the second rounds you just go around and interview with the different department heads to see how well you'd fit in. Nothing too hard.

Cashiers Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Vancouver, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Bait and Switch I applied for cashiers associate, they called me up for an interview I get there only to find that I wouldn't be interviewing for cashier but that of BOH two more people showed up as well (so it was a group interview)the manager was late and was constantly called away during the interview

Interview Questions

• They had me "sell" a credit card for BOH where interaction with customers should have been a minimum   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Interview

Very thorough interview process. Recruiter was extremely nice. Once passed on to a business partner, had a great conversation only to find out that I didn't get the job. No reason told why. Also interviewer forgot me in interview room. Stayed there for an hour after interview. Beautiful new building.

ASM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Sacramento, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

From recruiter to DM, very pleasant, first via phone, second in person. Interviewer made me feel at ease in conversational style. Offer was made on the spot and I accepted the following day