Burlington Stores Loss Prevention Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Loss Prevention Associate Interview Questions

1.9

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in March 2011.

Interview

Very quick and to the point, not many questions, had a group meeting, watched a video, filed some paper work, started working the next day to start working as loss prevention

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in June 2014.

Interview

Process took about three weeks, I'm a recent college grad and was in the midst of applying to a bunch of jobs. I received a brief phone interview first with the area loss prevention supervisor, then I was told if they decided to go further I'd speak with the regional LP in which I did via email and eventually telephone maybe about a week later. I was then brought in for a face to face interview with the manager of the store I would be LP in even though she had no actual say on the final decision. The face to face with the store manager was the interview in which i thought for sure I was a lost cause seeing as to how i was almost 30 minutes late and I completely froze up a various points throughout the interview. After not hearing anything for a couple days I decided to call the regional LP for an update and to my surprise I had been offered the job. I was started at what i now know is a very low rate for LP but I'm guessing it's due to the fact I had no previous LP experience although every job I've had has been retail of some sort and I have a 4 year degree in criminal justice along with a technical degree in criminal justice. I'm lucky though because they took a chance with me despite having no LP background and I was chosen from amongst 30+ other applicants, some of which I'm sure had LP experience. Guess my degree did help some after all.

Interview Questions

• Being asked to explain loss prevention in detail since I only knew the surface of the title although I knew it was a position I would be great in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate because I was lucky to be offered position since I had no LP experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Charleston, SC) in February 2010.

Interview

Found job posting at companies website. Called store and spoke to manager to set up interview. Went to store at prearranged time. Sat down with store GM and answered some basic questions. Resume and Letter of Recomendation did the rest.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call from the Regional Loss Prevention Manager and the Store manager, the Regional LPM told me to set up an interview with the Store Manager, I met up with him and it was very short, after words I got a call from the Regional LPM, who offered me the position.

Application

Interview

I applied for the job online. After about 2 weeks I got a call from the area supervisor setting up an interview. I arrived at the store early and the interviewer was late by about 5 minutes, which wasn't a problem. During the interview he told me I could be making 10.50 to 11 an hour with my security/LP experience and he would set up an interview with the RLPM the next day. I went back up to Burlington the next day for the second interview and waited for 2 hours. One of the store managers called the RLPM and found out that the area supervisor never called him to let him know the interview was set up and he asked me to come back the following week. Had the interview with the RLPM finally and was offered 9.50/hour. I figured anything was better than what I was making.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was called by the RLPM about 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Interview was about 20 minutes and very basic about my experience and education. I met in a small backroom of one of the Burlington Stores.

I cant remember any behavioral questions being asked. If you have basic criminal justice knowledge and are enthusiastic about the position you should have no problems at all.

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Applied from a posting online. Received a phone call back and set up an interview. Explained the concept and role of the job. Answered some questions wrapped up the interview and received a phone call later in the week with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based questions that you may run into on the job.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone call from the District LP Manager, interviewed with him the next day, interviewed with the area supervisor and store general manager 2 days later, was hired 3 days later, pretty easy process, nothing unexpected, everyone in the process was friendly and professional during all phases of the process

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer ran past you with a cart full of merchandise?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a moderate amount, I asked for more because of the distance and was given the higher rate, but told that I would not be eligible for a relocation bonus if I choose to change stores

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

The interview questions were very basic and typical. If I had a criminal background or if I saw a peer steal would I report it. Also asked about past employment and the reasons for leaving, and the ever so popular have you ever been terminated from a job and why.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They want to offer you $10 (if you are lucky) but because I had some retail experience I squeezed out $13

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Des Moines, IA) in October 2009.

Interview

After applying I got a phone call for my first interview. The first interview went decently, but it was about another month before I was called in for the second one. The second one was pretty relaxed and not too much pressure. The interviewers for both times were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How have you made a difference for your self and your company through the efforts of customer service. What was it that you did and what was the effect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate anything. They were very firm about what they would offer.