Burlington Stores Receiving Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Receiving Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interview was fast and simple guess they needed people that bad.Not to much details but was told I would be doing a certain job the one i applied for only to find out once hired they put you where they need you. Was told I would be trained basically trained myself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was pretty simple actually. I was asked some fairly simple questions. Eventually, I was asked when I'd be able to start. Afterwards, I got the job. I was suspicious at first because of how easy it was. Too bad I can't say the same for the job itself.

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Very casual and friendly. I was interviewed by a nice lady who was very understanding that it would be my first job and she was more than willing to give me a shot with zero experience. Maybe they just needed employees badly. I don't know but the hiring process was very very quick. A few days after the interview I was called for a paid 2-3 hour training day or whatever you'd like to call it.

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager was very rude and didn't give me a chance to speak. Other than that, she told me starting pay is $8/hr and it'll increase over time. She also told me shifts could end until 10 or 11 PM; depends on the store.

Interview Questions

• What other places have you applied to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy. I was comfortable and didn't have to say much. We just talked about the position and what I could expect. I was asked many times if I was sure that I would want this type of job.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with having a heavy work load and working at a fast pace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Stratford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

the process is easy the interviews cut straight to the point. As long as you show you have availability your in. I went in sat down and was asked minor questions. It wasn't hard at all. The pay wasn't spoken about until after the interview and I almost quit before starting lol.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience in receiving do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Ontario, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Group interview, went around the table and gave everyone the opportunity to answer each question, they watched to see who was confident and wanted to answer the question first, the people who came off most confident and put themselves out there were the people who get hired on.

Interview Questions

• Time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I received a call to set up a interview a week after i applied. It was an immediate hire position. When i got there i proceeded to the office to meet with a hiring manager for a one on one interview. It was very straight foward and to the point. I received a offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your future goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (South Plainfield, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

They ask you questions like how do you deal with a difficult customer, describe a time when you had to multi task , how do you deal with rude customers. All the typical questions .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Murrieta, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online, on a Monday; received a call for an interview about a few hours later from me applying on the same day. I was scheduled to come in the next and go through a group interview process. The interview was about 1 and a half hours, and the person conducting the interview was very comedic and talked throughout the entire interview only allowing us to answer one or two questions he asked us. Once the interview came to a close, he told us that he would contact us about doing a second interview later on in the week (a specific date and time was given). He said that if we did not receive a call by then, then the company has decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is customer service and what does it mean to you?   1 Answer
    • What was a bad customer service experience you've received recently?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something know about the company.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you received good customer service   Answer Question