Burlington Stores Receiving Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

1.5

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Very brief only took a few minutes and very simple questions. Mainly asked if I was interested in the position and described the daily tasks of the position in more detail.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Interview was fast and simple guess they needed people that bad.Not to much details but was told I would be doing a certain job the one i applied for only to find out once hired they put you where they need you. Was told I would be trained basically trained myself.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was pretty simple actually. I was asked some fairly simple questions. Eventually, I was asked when I'd be able to start. Afterwards, I got the job. I was suspicious at first because of how easy it was. Too bad I can't say the same for the job itself.

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Very casual and friendly. I was interviewed by a nice lady who was very understanding that it would be my first job and she was more than willing to give me a shot with zero experience. Maybe they just needed employees badly. I don't know but the hiring process was very very quick. A few days after the interview I was called for a paid 2-3 hour training day or whatever you'd like to call it.

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in August 2015.

Interview

Hiring manager was very rude and didn't give me a chance to speak. Other than that, she told me starting pay is $8/hr and it'll increase over time. She also told me shifts could end until 10 or 11 PM; depends on the store.

Interview Questions

• What other places have you applied to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Very easy. I was comfortable and didn't have to say much. We just talked about the position and what I could expect. I was asked many times if I was sure that I would want this type of job.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with having a heavy work load and working at a fast pace?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Stratford, CT) in July 2015.

Interview

the process is easy the interviews cut straight to the point. As long as you show you have availability your in. I went in sat down and was asked minor questions. It wasn't hard at all. The pay wasn't spoken about until after the interview and I almost quit before starting lol.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience in receiving do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unable to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Ontario, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Group interview, went around the table and gave everyone the opportunity to answer each question, they watched to see who was confident and wanted to answer the question first, the people who came off most confident and put themselves out there were the people who get hired on.

Interview Questions

• Time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I received a call to set up a interview a week after i applied. It was an immediate hire position. When i got there i proceeded to the office to meet with a hiring manager for a one on one interview. It was very straight foward and to the point. I received a offer the same day.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your future goals.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Plainfield, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (South Plainfield, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

They ask you questions like how do you deal with a difficult customer, describe a time when you had to multi task , how do you deal with rude customers. All the typical questions .

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question