Burlington Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Laurel, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

It was the shortest interview I have ever had in my life. I was literally in there for about 5 minutes before offering me the job and telling me basically all I needed to know about working there and the position

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy going interview. They just really wanted to get to know me better and why I wanted to work at Burlington. They offered me a job minutes after I finished.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online two days later i got a call from the local store manager where she scheduled me in for an interview the very next day at noon. I walked into the store i had applied to and asked for the manager by name where i was taken to her office. it was a group interview but your situation may differ. It was me and five others (a group of six in total) (we had all applied to different open positions). . Then she walked through our daily tasks wages and expectations. Afterwards we all stood up and the manager congratulated all of us on our new jobs.

2 days later i received an email congratulating me followed by another email asking for personal information for a background check (social security, name, address etc.) shortly after on the same day i received a username and password (keep this handy for your orientation day) to access the companies employees website. You're going to have to login as soon as you receive your credentials and complete all the forms sent to you through the employees website (emergency contacts, personal contact info, personal info, tax info, etc.)

the next day i receive a call to come in for my orientation that same day. i am given my employee card, name tag and i take a "test" on a computer. after completion i'm given my schedule and i'm all good to start working the following week.

- I hope this was helpful to you (reader) spread the kindness and post your experience for other new people interested in a similar job :)

Interview Questions

• "let's go around the group in order and just say your name and why you want to work with us also feel free to tell us about any prior costumer service experience"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back to go in the next day at 12. There was other applicants there, I would say about 10. The interviewer gave generic questions, the first being why do you want to work there. Nothing to stress about as I came to find out. The managers were very respectful and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Redlands, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview of about 15 people. Took two hours total. Felt it was very unprofessional. People were talking over interviewer and he was absolutely ok with it and letting people be on their phones. Felt like it was a total waste of time and horrible first group interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Elizabeth, NJ).

Interview

Filed out on online call 2 days after in for a interview it was pretty standard hiring process was sent a email for the rest of the paperwork had to file it out and send it back was told to come back in and sign last paperwork it was a pretty good prosess

Interview Questions

• Simple questions why would you be a good fit   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Very nice interveiw with the mangers they were not intimidating like some other managers i have interviewed with really made me feel comfortable and i really wanted to work with them

Interview Questions

Could not get schedule i needed

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Memphis, TN) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview went quick. I wasn't waiting long and I got hired on the spot. He told my background is what we waiting on
    Background came back within a week and I was hired interview was very easy.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

the process took about three days. i got interviewed at the local store with assistant manager and then i was called back to schedule a second interview with the store manager which was pretty much the same as the first one.. after i got hired i joined right away.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself.
      tell us about your previous work experience.
      how do you cope with unhappy customers?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (San Antonio, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

applied online, received a call the next day from the hiring manager and was asked a few screening questions, was then emailed a link to two assessments (about 45 min. to complete), was told to call back when I completed the assessments and an interview was scheduled upon seeing I passed. I was offered position on the spot after interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you received excellent customer service?
      Describe a situation where you received bad customer service?
      Answer Question