Burlington Stores Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions

1.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was easy. Typical interview, about 7 questions. Went in the office, had the interview, and right after I was offered the position. They were very quick in responding to my application. It seemed like I was immediately called for an interview without having to check on the status of my application.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Jacksonville, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online got an invitation for an interview 2 weeks later. Group interview. I think they were hiring everyone because of the season. Only 2 question on the interview an I got a call an hour later saying the want it to move forward with me and to start my background check.

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Elizabeth, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Group interview where everyone was asked about previous work experience one at a time and also their availability. Afterwards, we were sent off for a personal interview with a another manager.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous job experience? Do you go to school? At what times are you available? What are you weakness? What department would you work better at? What are your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Ocala, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Took the test, which was a difficult one. Received call from operations manager and scheduled interview. Went in for interview. Received a call two days later offered the position contingent upon background and drugscreen results.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time I handled a difficult customer and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quick. Lots of behavioral type questions such as tell me about a time you had a specific customer and how you dealt with the situation. It seems they will hire any one who has a pulse and normal breathing. No drug testing done at this facility. Only background check.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. First I met with a woman who wasn't even a manager. She was really sweet and asked easy questions about my previous experience and such. That lasted about 15 minutes and then I met with the Operations Manager in the next room. He was really awesome and asked basically the same questions. That lasted maybe 10 minutes and I was hired on the spot.
    Orientation and training was about a week later. I got hired as seasonal, but they ended up asking me to stay permanently. I had a lot of fun at that job and the days went by so fast. I was kind of caught off guard when they changed my position all of a sudden to the merchandising team. Overall, great company to work for. The managers constantly encouraged you and acknowledged your hard work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They start at minimum wage

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

After submitting my application and resume I gave it about a week and I then called the manager to set up an interview and it was kind of hard to contact him.After another week I contacted him and got an interview for the next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to name a time I had to handle a difficult task and how did I go about completing it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

interview was pretty simple. asked typical questions about skills and personality. the interview was short and it seemed like the manager only wanted an idea of what kind of worker I was. They asked a few questions about past employments, what i liked or did not like about my jobs. And also to explain a time where I had received great customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave me a hourly wage offer of 8.25, asked if it was okay but did not give much as far as negotiating goes. They only go by experience slightly when determining a wage.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

I walked in and ask if they were hiring. I was handed an application and filled it out. I then waited about 20 mins for the manager who had an opening to return from lunch so I could personally hand him my application. He finally returned and we chatted for a few minutes. I was later invited to meet with the store manager during the interview process. The store manager was very dry and lacked personality. I felt like she didn't want to be there.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Filled out paper work and did some process over the computer. Doesn't take long at all. Overall everything went well. I wasn't nervous at all and the manager was awesome. Very nice personality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate how much they would pay me an hour. They wanted to start me off at $7.25 and it was to low for me. I had asked for $8 and he said he couldn't do that. So we left it at $7.75