Burlington Stores Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

1.9

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Ocala, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the position. Took the test, which was a difficult one. Received call from operations manager and scheduled interview. Went in for interview. Received a call two days later offered the position contingent upon background and drugscreen results.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time I handled a difficult customer and how I handled it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Tinley Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Tinley Park, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quick. Lots of behavioral type questions such as tell me about a time you had a specific customer and how you dealt with the situation. It seems they will hire any one who has a pulse and normal breathing. No drug testing done at this facility. Only background check.

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Palmdale, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

They asked pretty basic questions for an interview. They really needed someone for the department so they hired me very soon after the interview. It was one on one with the department manager and then I had a second interview with the store manager and filled out all the paper work.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in February 2012.

Interview

When I came into my final interview with the store manager, I had already been told that there was need of loss prevention and Information Technology people from the hiring manager. I had applied to work in loss prevention, receiving, or customer service as I had a background in all three; I was studying Information Technology. When I spoke with the store manager about these positions I was told that none were available in my area and that they wanted to hire me for shoes; in which I had a life time total of thirty minutes experience. If I were not in such dire need of a job I would have stood up and walked out of the office at that point, but, they had me over a barrel; so I accepted their bait and switch job offer. Afterwards, I also came to discover that the benefits that were once offered to all associates were now only offered to full-time associates and I was not hired for full-time.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected job was when I was asked, "How much experience do you have in shoes?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; I needed a job and they knew it.

Anonymous Employee in Redford, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Redford, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is comparable to most retail companies.

Interview Questions

• Where I see myself in five years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Basic offer for retail.

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

I got called about a week after I applied. I came in for an interview I believe the next day and was told at the end of the interview to look for a background check in my e-mail. I did the background check and passed and was told that I'd be getting something else in my e-mail pertaining to the whole proving you can work in the U.S. I never received the e-mail. I got the background check and should have had no problem receiving the other e-mail. I called the store and was told repeatedly that the e-mail was sent out by H.R. I asked after at least I think a week if they can just phone H.R. and have them re-send the e-mail and they said, "No," which to me sounded odd. I eventually told them that I have never encountered this kind of problem with any company I have applied to. It was so ridiculous that I started wondering if they were lying and just didn't want to hire me because my work schedule. Assistant managers/store managers are always able to contact H.R. and have them re-send things or have H.R. give them permission to print the document off to sign in person.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you made a mistake and what you did about it.   1 Answer
    • I was asked about my work schedule. It said on their web site that they are flexible but it certainly did not seem that way when I had my interview.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in September 2012.

Interview

I had one interview with the general store manager and department manager. Overall, the interviewers were nice and seemed to be looking for a reliable and hardworking individual. It would likely be worthwhile for a potential candidate to mention proficiency in any foreign languages.

Interview Questions

• What department would you be interested in working in (something along those lines)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

interview was pretty simple. asked typical questions about skills and personality. the interview was short and it seemed like the manager only wanted an idea of what kind of worker I was. They asked a few questions about past employments, what i liked or did not like about my jobs. And also to explain a time where I had received great customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they gave me a hourly wage offer of 8.25, asked if it was okay but did not give much as far as negotiating goes. They only go by experience slightly when determining a wage.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Tampa, FL) in December 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was for the most part very simple ,but I will say I was interviewed twice in the same day. The first interview was given by the merchandise manager. Then after I finished up with him he ask if it would be ok if his manager was to meet with me and ask couple of questions. In the end I was interview twice but in the second interview the head manager call in all the other managers .I guess that's a good sign because was hire that day and started the next week.

Interview Questions

• "Which associate is worst?" That's the question you must ask yourself in these scenarios I'm about to give you . You walk in to the store and you see a fellow associate eat the candy by the registers ,then as you make your way to the time clock to swipe your card the person in front of you swipes someone else's card "WHO IS NOT "present at work, which is worst?   1 Answer
    • If you had to pick one word to describe yourself what would that word be?   1 Answer
    • Do you have open availability? Meaning are you available to be scheduled on weekends and called in mon-fri if needed.   1 Answer
    • What kind of name is that ,Ive never seen those names before, what are you? ,Where are you originally from? And other background questions but I think the majority of people will not get these questions if your name John Williams or something else generic skip this Q/A . I guess I look out of the ordinary because I've been asked this literally everyday I go to work by random customer and I put a generic name on my badge for everyone to call me.   1 Answer
    • Why should I hire you over the person I interviewed before you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The pay was nonegotiable if you came onto the team as a seasonal you get the bare minimum, which sucked but if they like the way you work and your available when they need you and you are always on time with your badge on and time card in hand they will most likely hire you then you can start negotiating.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

After submitting my application and resume I gave it about a week and I then called the manager to set up an interview and it was kind of hard to contact him.After another week I contacted him and got an interview for the next day.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to name a time I had to handle a difficult task and how did I go about completing it.   Answer Question