Burlington Stores Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Store Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Brownsville, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

great focus on the individual, and the responses. very direct, short, executives were very accommodating and cater to the candidates comfort. very friendly and inquisitive, they give specific information on their expectancies and requirements, On the cons I felt that a hotel lobby is never a great place for interviewd there is no privacy and personal information can be leaked very easily, I also felt their intent on focusing too much on appearance rather than the conversation.

Interview Questions

• specific figures knowledge like retention, turnover, shrinkage etc   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Rockville, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

External candidate out of state so consisted of a phone interview with recuriter, another with regional team, lastly an in person interview with another regional Vice President up in DC where I lived.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in May 2015.

Interview

First you have a phone screening with recruiter then if fit what they are looking for you will be scheduled for a phone interview with Recruiter. After you "pass" that interview you meet with RVP and ROM for 1 on 1 interview. Then you will be scheduled for Phone interview with HR and then a final interview with SVP. You will have to take an assessment before your first interview, it will take you a couple hours. Some math questions, so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What would your team from current/previous job say about your leadership style? What would they say that they would want to change or don't like about your leadership style?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

4 Step Interview process, consisting of the Recruiter, Fellow Store Manager, Regional Operations/LP Manager, and Finally a one-on-one with the Regional Vice President. The entire process is quite thorough, as the want to ensure the bring on the right candidate. My recruiter was great in regards to keeping me informed throughout the interview process!

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Was contacted by an extremely friendly & helpful recruiter. We exchanged several emails and then spoke on the phone. She wanted me to speak with the VP of stores and we set up a date/time to do so. Interview with VP seemed like we weren't having the same conversation. I was asked a lot of people questions and questions about understanding the business model. It felt like I was not being neither seriously considered or that they were even listening to my answers. It all felt rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I expected some discussion of business metrics and discussion of relevant experience. The entire line of questioning was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

Easy. Informal. Interviewer did more talking than me. Liked to hear himself talk. Thought he was a big shot. Instead of listening to answers all the way he cut me short to hear himself talk. He had a big ego. Knew I would get the job if I smiled the entire time and agreed with him😊

Interview Questions

• Why retailing?
      How important is customer service?
      Give an example of a tough customer?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your weaknesses?
      How important is it to make payroll?
      Do you have computer skills?
      Are you a good leader?
      How do you feel about team?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2011.

Interview

The phone interview was very pleasent.
    The one on one I thought went very well.
    After 2 weeks got an email stating they went with someone else.
    Never think you got the job no matter how much you laugh and talk during the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

you interview at several different levels:

First Step recruiter
    Second Step Regional HR
    Third RVP
    Fourth SVP

Interview Questions

• the usual interview questions alot of behavioral open ended questions study up on basic interview questions and you will do fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

was able to negotiate an extra 5,000

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

It has changed since I started. Pretty typical today, new online process, easy process and basic interview, depends on which position. Sometimes regional team may speak with you, but always personal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, always negotiable. Benefits are not, nor is vacation

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in September 2010.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter , telephone interview with recruiter, in person interview with HR manager , and interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations was done , the recruiter told me what the salary was upfront