Burlington Stores Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burlington Stores Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in May 2015.

Interview

First you have a phone screening with recruiter then if fit what they are looking for you will be scheduled for a phone interview with Recruiter. After you "pass" that interview you meet with RVP and ROM for 1 on 1 interview. Then you will be scheduled for Phone interview with HR and then a final interview with SVP. You will have to take an assessment before your first interview, it will take you a couple hours. Some math questions, so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• What would your team from current/previous job say about your leadership style? What would they say that they would want to change or don't like about your leadership style?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burlington Stores

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores in April 2009.

Interview

very detailed, read from a paper, drilled on previous experience...ask about numbers alot..

Interview Questions

• What was your shrink for the past 3 years and give the plans to reduce it.   Answer Question
    • Give me examples on how you handled a personell issue   Answer Question

not enough pay

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Initial interview with territory recruiter. Next interview was in person with regional hr manager and regional operations manager. Final was with regional vice president. All standard interviews. All of the questions were standard to what the position requires.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience makes you the right candidate for the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Houston, TX).

Interview

Your going to possibly interview with up to 7 individuals asking situational, behavior and outcome line of questions to determine your leadership style. All interviewers are pleasant and really emphasizes on connecting with you.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Had to go through 7....that is SEVEN interviews to get the position. Last 2 were in person, all others via phone.
    I applied for an ASM position, that I was overqualified for, but thought I would get my name in the hat in case there was something open I was not aware of. Turned out that local store manager was moving & his position had not even been posted yet, so when he did his interview, he passed on to the HR, etc. that I should have his job. Then the interview process picked up from there for the Store Manager position.

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Brownsville, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

great focus on the individual, and the responses. very direct, short, executives were very accommodating and cater to the candidates comfort. very friendly and inquisitive, they give specific information on their expectancies and requirements, On the cons I felt that a hotel lobby is never a great place for interviewd there is no privacy and personal information can be leaked very easily, I also felt their intent on focusing too much on appearance rather than the conversation.

Interview Questions

• specific figures knowledge like retention, turnover, shrinkage etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Rockville, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

External candidate out of state so consisted of a phone interview with recuriter, another with regional team, lastly an in person interview with another regional Vice President up in DC where I lived.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores.

Interview

Was contacted by an extremely friendly & helpful recruiter. We exchanged several emails and then spoke on the phone. She wanted me to speak with the VP of stores and we set up a date/time to do so. Interview with VP seemed like we weren't having the same conversation. I was asked a lot of people questions and questions about understanding the business model. It felt like I was not being neither seriously considered or that they were even listening to my answers. It all felt rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• I expected some discussion of business metrics and discussion of relevant experience. The entire line of questioning was unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

you interview at several different levels:

First Step recruiter
    Second Step Regional HR
    Third RVP
    Fourth SVP

Interview Questions

• the usual interview questions alot of behavioral open ended questions study up on basic interview questions and you will do fine   Answer Question

Negotiation

was able to negotiate an extra 5,000

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burlington Stores (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

It has changed since I started. Pretty typical today, new online process, easy process and basic interview, depends on which position. Sometimes regional team may speak with you, but always personal

Interview Questions

Negotiation

yes, always negotiable. Benefits are not, nor is vacation