Burns & McDonnell Assistant Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burns & McDonnell Assistant Civil Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2016.

Interview

I spoke to them at a campus career fair. I was surprised I was invited back for an on-campus interview a few weeks later, but I feel like they mass invited back most candidates who spoke to them at the fair. Interview was mostly about my personal experiences, non-technical, and also my aspirations for my job. I thought the interview went very well and about a week later I received an email from an HR person stating she would be my point of contact moving forward. I confirmed the timeline in which I would hear back with her and then waited. I attempted to follow up after it had been over a month since I heard anything and the recruiter never returned my calls. A few months later, on a whim of just wanting to find out what happened, I finally got in contact with her and was told that there were currently no open positions in the company that aligned with my interest. I thanked her and removed my name from further consideration. It seems like they blanket interview and then if a job opens up they will consider you.

Interview Questions

• Describe three non-engineering courses that really interested you.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

Second interview was easy, do a quick 15 minute presentation about yourself to the managers. Other than the presentation, the interview was fairly straight forward. Asked how i could see myself fitting into the group that i got to meet at the office. Got to go to lunch with the people at the office and get to know them a little more.

Assistant Civil Engineer Interview

Interview

I submitted a resume through the company's online system. I also had a professor send my resume to someone within the company (though not in the division I was hired into). Within a week or two of submitting my resume, I had a phone interview. A week or two after the phone interview I had an on-site interview. The on-site interview was a short presentation about myself, followed by Q&A. After this interview, I was offered a position the next day. I was treated very well through the whole process.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict in a team situation? Though the question isn't unexpected, it can be hard to answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in April 2012.

Interview

HR interview over phone. Then contacted to schedule a 1on1 interview. Then a group/panel interview at HQ in KC. A day later HR called with offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Salary was above average and this was my first job so no previous salary to base negotiations on.