Burns & McDonnell Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.6

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview went very well. I felt they were really trying to get a feel for who I was, and how I carried myself rather then what technical trivia I could spit out in the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Brea, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online after talking to a couple of employees during a conference. I was emailed the morning after in regards to the location and divisions I was interested. The process included a video interview which has 5-7 questions that you are given two minutes to respond to each question. After completing a video interview I was called to schedule an onsite interview. The interview required a presentation and then question from three managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was a pre-recorded video interview. I had 5 basic questions about my major and school where I could just type the answers and the last question was a video question where I had 3 chances to re do before submission.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about your summer? Have you had any internship or other experience? If so, what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Overall very well-structured. Since I had existing experience I could avoid the presentations new-grads often have to give to show their worth and intelligence. Mostly it was a relationship-building process with less focus on competency or aptitude.

Interview Questions

• My 10-year career objectives. This is a cliche question as most in their careers can't answer the 5-year.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Very friendly and conversational. First interview was a video interview with pre-recorded questions, the typical situation/behavioral type questions. About a week or two later, I was given the opportunity to come down to the headquarters in KC for a second interview. Flight, hotel, car, etc. all paid for.

Second interview consisted of a 15-20 minute presentation to 7-8 managers, followed by five 45 minute one-on-one interviews with division managers (energy, transmission, etc.). You can receive multiple job offers. I received four offers two days after my interview, so you are given great opportunity to choose what suits you most.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Burns & Mac?   1 Answer
    • Describe the various roles you have performed working as a team   1 Answer
    • Describe one short-term and one long-term goal and steps you have taken to begin achieving both   1 Answer

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview I had was on-site. Before I interviewed, I went to lunch with a couple of recent graduates as kind of an ice breaker. The interview itself wasn't too bad. I gave a presentation to three managers, and they asked me questions on it afterward

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational. It was pretty much the managers getting to know you and see if you and your experience are a good fit   Answer Question

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

I had a phone interview from my school's career fair and they sent me an email that they wanted to fly me out to the site to do an on-site interview 2 weeks after. Very professional in communication and it's a very good firm to work for. The interview process was pretty straight forward: behavior questions

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in January 2015.

Interview

They contacted me within a week to do a video interview. The video interview consisted of 10+/ easy background questions that could be answered in a sentence or less. Then the actual video interview consisted of 6 pre-recorded, and you u have 2 chance to redo them and have about 2 mins to answer them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose "Electrical Engineering" and what classes have you have enjoyed the most?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Burns & McDonnell?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest achievement?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were in a leadership role and what did you take away from that experience?   Answer Question
    • What motivates you to be successful?   Answer Question

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. It begins with an online application and then you have an online interview. The first ten questions are basic fill in questions. Then it is followed by 6 behavioral questions. They were pretty standard.

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

I was contacted to do a video interview with Burns & McDonnell. There were five questions. After answering each question, I had the chance to watch my answer and rerecord the answer if I wanted. The questions were basic and asking about previous experiment and some behavioral questions. I did not receive an offer and I was told they are trying to match a position to my skills.