Burns & McDonnell Assistant Environmental Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burns & McDonnell Assistant Environmental Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Burns & McDonnell

2.5

Assistant Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

Applied to their website and received a recruiter call the next day. Scheduled a telephone interview that same week with the hiring managers. Was asked about mostly experience in resume. Other questions were what part of wwtp I liked to work on. Was asked to come to the office for an in person interview two weeks later. In person interview was easy, talked about the business groups and type of work available. Was expecting to do a presentation about myself, but that never came up, which was fine with me. Do expect NOT to get reimbursed for travel, this was the first company of many that didn't reimburse my expenses, (very unprofessional in my opinion), this from the same company that offers a low base pay and a "bonus" which is not guaranteed. Also, stock bonus is based on base pay. bonus is taxed at your top tax rate, so you only actually get about 60% of it.

Experience was positive, but look at the numbers, and see if they add up to what you feel comfortable with.

Interview Questions

Base pay was low. Make sure to ask for your maximum when they ask what you are looking to get paid. Bonus is promised, but not guaranteed. Bonus taxed at top marginal rate, so you only keep about 60% of it. Discretionary contribution is based on base pay, so you make sure you ask for something you feel comfortable with.

Make sure to negotiate, if not on base pay increase, ask for a sign up bonus, you might just get it. If they really value you, they'll give it you.

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Assistant Environmental Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

I was very impressed right away with the company . the interview was very thorough in both their questioning of me and also describing the company structure, job role, office atmosphere, etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to a new City?   1 Answer