Burns & McDonnell Electrical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Burns & McDonnell Electrical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email for a video interview two weeks later, couple days after that received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Very laid back, got an offer a week and a half later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Burns & McDonnell

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell.

Interview

The interview was quite smooth. The interviewer started by introducing himself a bit then proceeded to ask me about myself and my interests in their company. Then at the end he asked if I had any questions for him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Lincoln, NE) in October 2016.

Interview

Basic interview where they sit you down and go over your resume. Dress is formal but the interview is kinda informal. Just brag about yourself and you should do well because all they really want to know if you'd be a good coworker. They look more into personality rather than grades.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Online video interview where you record yourself answering questions. They give you 3 attempts where you can try again for each question. All in all, was very straightforward, and getting multiple attempts to record took a lot of the stress away of letting your nerves get the better of you the first attempt.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview was half an hour. There were multiple questions about my work history relating to the position. Also, the typical character/personality questions that you would hear. This was an interview on my college campus though, so it may have been a little shorter than one that could be performed at the office.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (College Station, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Met them at a campus career fair. Was invited to on-campus interview within 2 weeks. Was told I would receive an update in two weeks. On the third week I received an email saying I am not the candidate they were looking for. The person hiring me was nice, though didn't seem to like being asked about the company culture.

Interview Questions

• What leadership positions have you taken in extra-curricular activities?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview went okay. Most of the questions were behavioral. The interview went on for 30 minutes. Not all questions were tough. It was a good experience overall. It would be a good experience to work with Burns & McDonnell.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Interview

The first interview was strictly behavioral. They asked about why I wanted to be an electrical engineer and then why I would be a good candidate for the job. Really nice interviewer but failed to know some technical knowledge. Second interview they asked about rectifiers as a technical question.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell in October 2014.

Interview

I submitted my resume through online, after a day I got video interview which was pre-recorded. They asked pretty easy behavior questions. I had to record my answer, and I could re-answer 1 time for each question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Burns & McDonnell (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I got a phone interview with the HR for about 20 minutes. They asked about past work experience and explaining about Burns & McDonnell. They also asked why I was interested in working for the company. They emailed back after one whole week and informed that I did not get a offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too special. Generic questions described above   Answer Question